Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Sunglasses + grass + blue monokote + low inverted passes = - 1 stik

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Sunglasses + grass + blue monokote + low inverted passes = - 1 stik

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 02:25 AM
flyer_of_planes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglasses + grass + blue monokote + low inverted passes = - 1 stik

Has anyone ever lost sight of a plane that was flying over grass ?

It happened to me last weekend. I was flying at a FunFly and I was playing around with my Stik, outside snaps, some basic hovering, and some inverted passes.

I did my first (ever) inverted pass, holding the ailerons after banking on final and flew it down the runway rubber side up, and pulled up out of it at the other end

I came around for another one, only I lost sight of it ( even though it was right in front of me ) not wanting to lose it, I fed in gradually more dive elevator to keep, if not gain altitude, as I could only see the yellow checks on the surfaces, the rest was faded in with the grass. I saw an aileron move signicantly, so thinking I had rolled it upright again, I pulled climb elevator sending it straight into the ground.

needless to say the damage was extensive, one wing panel in a bag, the firewall removed, the engine 50 odd feet away, the muffler cracked off, the gear ripped off, a hole un the wing panl left intact from a weel hitting it and somehow I managed to send a wheel collar flying off it as one of the wheels came of the gear.

I'm definatly getting better sunglasses,

Has anything like this happened to anyone else, or am I a pioneer in this ?
Old 09-30-2002, 12:14 AM
basicboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglasses + grass + blue monokote + low inverted passes = - 1 stik

yuck sounds pretty bad, im sorry to hear that. I've lost orintation before of course, im sure we all have, but man... never like that. Sorry to hear it