Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

WHY ALL THE STUPID MUSIC??!?!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

WHY ALL THE STUPID MUSIC??!?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Soar_dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHY ALL THE STUPID MUSIC??!?!!!

I will throw my 2 cents in abotu this. The motivation behind putting music on the videos is the audio from the footage sucks normally the cameraman makes comments that drowns out everything else. Unless you have a good microphone on the camera the audio is always going to suck. So I say put the music in better the listening to silence or bad audio!!

Soar Dude
Old 05-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CrashPro

Another annoying video with titles and sound effects...

http://home.dc.rr.com/maurie/dogfight.wmv
That is an excellent video and very well done!
Old 05-15-2005, 03:24 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Why thankyou Kmot, thankyou very much
Old 05-15-2005, 04:12 PM
DustOffUH1
My Feedback: (2)

That is an excellent video and very well done!
Gotta give credit where credit is due. I thought it was very cool myself
Old 05-15-2005, 07:39 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

He, he finally went back and looked at it, Cooler than Snot. Better than a lot of vintage Holywood stuff!

John[8D]
Old 05-15-2005, 08:13 PM
multicasting

ORIGINAL: ama234

I'm sure that many people would agree that NO music, subtitles, catchy little subtitles, etc, would be much better to view... Sure, add your copyright info or whatever in the bottom corner, but stop trying to be Spielberg. Does anyone else agree? Sorry for the rant...
Let me think.... Uh, No, I don't agree. What would Krach be without Ramstein (or however my kids spelled that group)

Bob
Old 05-15-2005, 08:31 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

I can't hold back anymore. I really enjoy the videos that people share. However, someone please explain to me why people have to dub music to the already existing sound. I can understand if there's something that should be removed (like vulgar language) , but why the all the stupid music? Rock, rap, country, whatever??? Why???? What music is better than hearing the actual sounds of the aircraft in flight? The sound of tubine blasting by? A Rossi at screaming at 16k? C'mon, guys... Am I missing something here or am I just in a really bad mood?

I'm sure that many people would agree that NO music, subtitles, catchy little subtitles, etc, would be much better to view... Sure, add your copyright info or whatever in the bottom corner, but stop trying to be Spielberg. Does anyone else agree? Sorry for the rant...

I think your post is pointless if you don't like the music turn the vol down,, I also video tape and edit and I put music in my vidos,, I think most of the videos need some music!!!

Besides I did not see any crash pictures or crash videos here!!! That's the name of this Forum isn't it ???

Old 05-15-2005, 09:07 PM
FlooredCOBRA

I think it all depends on the video. If it involves a high rpm's 2 stroke going ballistic speeds I think there should be no music. That way you can enjoy the true sound of engine. Pretty much anything going fast no music. It kills the fun WOW factor on the whole thing.

Helicopters doing 3D to me it don't matter to hear the engine. They pretty much sound the same the whole time just up and down. A multi engine plane or multi turbine engine plane no music. Any kind of crash videos no music.

To me I like to hear just engine when watching planes hover. I like to hear how each person manages the throttle. Everyone's does it differently and its nice to hear the differences.

I seen one video on here where the guy had music. But right before the incident he cut the music so you could hear the action part. I forgot if it was a crash or what happened but he purposely cut the music for that second. That was nice so you could actually hear what was going on.

Another thing is any crash videos it always funny to hear the excuses on why they crashed.
"I had it pulled all the way up!?"
"It wouldnt respond to anything"
or the hard stare at radio with mouth open "I dont know what happened, it would react!"

Its rare you hear someone say "Yeah that was me screwed up!"

Old 05-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Soar_dude

I will throw my 2 cents in about this. The motivation behind putting music on the videos is the audio from the footage sucks. Normally the cameraman makes comments that drowns out everything else. Unless you have a good microphone on the camera the audio is always going to suck. So I say put the music in better the listening to silence or bad audio!!

Soar Dude
....Amen, brother....[sm=thumbup.gif]

FBD.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:12 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: charrua

I can't hold back anymore. I really enjoy the videos that people share. However, someone please explain to me why people have to dub music to the already existing sound. I can understand if there's something that should be removed (like vulgar language) , but why the all the stupid music? Rock, rap, country, whatever??? Why???? What music is better than hearing the actual sounds of the aircraft in flight? The sound of tubine blasting by? A Rossi at screaming at 16k? C'mon, guys... Am I missing something here or am I just in a really bad mood?

I think your post is pointless if you don't like the music turn the vol down,, I also video tape and edit and I put music in my vidos,, I think most of the videos need some music!!!

Besides I did not see any crash pictures or crash videos here!!! That's the name of this Forum isn't it ???

This is the crash forum and the original post related to crash videos.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Timoteo
My Feedback: (3)

I agree with DeadEye. If I don't like the music, I just turn it down and make my onw sounds. VROOOM! VROOOM!
Old 05-16-2005, 10:52 AM
CGRetired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or turn the sound off and make noises with your mouth that sound like airplanes.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:26 PM
McFlyboy

Everyone's missed the obvious here, if you dont like the crash vids out there with music and all sorts on them , then go out to the field, crash some planes and video them, then post them up here for the ogling of the masses. Hell, we make the same post-crash comments regardless.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:58 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to do that on Sunday. Now. If only I had that 48% Extra then that would really make a good video.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:55 PM
antslake

I agree about music being unessecary, but only in review videos. I watch those videos to see with my own eyes how the plane flys, to decide if I want to buy it or not. Hearing the engine is key to understanding how the plane flys.
Plus some videos are just done plain bad. They should offer with and without the artistic interpretation.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:24 AM
McFlyboy

Maybe's windows can come up with something in an update of movie maker such that the original soundtrack is underlying and an option in the media player can bring it up for those that dont want the music? Just a thought.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:01 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great video.

A good blend of all of what has been talked about. Would have loved to see the Stang do a victory roll after the Zero nose over.

Still a great video as usual from you
Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 AM
CrashPro

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

That is a great video.

A good blend of all of what has been talked about. Would have loved to see the Stang do a victory roll after the Zero nose over.

Still a great video as usual from you

Thanks bubba!!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Ralpho

I totally agree with 234. The sounds of the airfield totally surpass the overdubs hands down!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:49 PM
hooliganflyer

C'mon! music plays a great part in (almost) every1s life (obviastly not yours). If a video has a good sound to it, cool, if not, lower your speakers. By the way, I am 17 years old and I'm well into music .|..| (mainly metal)

__________________________________________________ ____

Its all so funny until someone looses a b*ll*ck
Old 09-13-2005, 12:08 AM
horace315
My Feedback: (15)

i know that is a old post but i cant reist this one...lol........why does a dog lick his #$%%@..........because he can................lol
its my ball and bat and if you dont like it dont play..........its called freedom of choice...so play your honkeytonk corncraker riprap blues hard rock or whatever does it for you......happy listning
Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 AM
CJKling

It kinda depends here guys. If the plane is flying high up or far away, you're not going to hear the original audio. It also depends on how the video was edited, if it is more action flying, then you almost need something to correspond with the constant transitions that the plane and the editor put in, whereas if it is some graceful P-51 with a monster four stroke, then we NEED to hear that and only that. Many of the short videos that we watch up here (2-3 mins) actually took the creator probably upwards of 30-45mins to create. I'm sure anyone that has ever edited a day's worth of video from the field will know what I'm talking about. Just my .02. Now for a crash picture.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Combatcm

instant replaying 50 times doesn't make the video any better, I can just scan back if I want to see it again.

In car videos people replay a small bump 3 or 4 times. After they do it a few times the video is going so slow I can't stand to watch it.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:45 PM
pauliox1

yea metal well.... i guess the engine sound is important but some people like to put there attitude into there videos if you get where im coming from. the music shouldn't drown out the rest of the sounds but it puts attitude into the videos, makes it more interesting in my view. if you don't like the music then turn it down (but then reducing the real sounds from the field) or just put up with the music, its just music after all
Old 09-21-2005, 04:15 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the time all you can hear is wind noise, and a mumbling Pilot and Camera Man. So if someone wants to add a little music to a video, what the hell is the big deal? Besides it is there video to do what they want with. These guys put some effort into making a little video to share with others, and someone has to come on and b*%#$ about it. Show us some pics of the piece of crap Planes you complainers are flying! You have put me in the mood to make rude comments about something that you have put effort into!

By the way Crashpro, I enjoyed your video very much! You did a great job with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.