Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Modeltech Extra 300 .28 rebuild # 5

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Modeltech Extra 300 .28 rebuild # 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:16 PM
RC-Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modeltech Extra 300 .28 rebuild # 5

Yes ladies and gentlemen. I have wreck the Extra 300 .28 twice today and as I type it is already rebuilt. The first crash only involved the landing gear and a piece of the wing whee the screws hold it to the fuse. I repaired this crash at the field and attempted to fly again. The plane did make it into the air but for some reason it started to stutter a little so I throttle down and after doing that I was flying dead sticked. As I made the last turn toward where I decided to let it come in for a landing the plane seem a little slow so I let it dive and the correct the elevation and centered the ailerons and the bird hit the ground which I thought was perfect, and then disappeared into some shrubs and short trees.

When I got to the crash sit I just could not believe my eyes . The fuse separated exactly where the CG is located and is also the weakest part of the fuse. Especially after so many repairs. Well me now becoming the master of rebuild I attempted to fix it at the field. But not having enough wood to make up for the weak glue joint I gave up. I arrived at the field at 8:00 AM and left at 3:30 PM.

I fussed with the SPAD plane for most of th day along with the Magnum .28 engine. I tell you magnum isn't a bad engine but DANG it sure does get cold FAST. I was hand starting it before the first crash , then after the repair , about an half hour , it had to be electric started.

Any way I'm sure pics aren't needed , but if any one wants to see the newly 5 times constructed plane I will post them.

P.S. I am going back into the lab to make a new SPAD wing wish me luck .
Old 05-30-2005, 07:22 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Modeltech Extra 300 .28 rebuild # 5

Thats too bad.[] I would like to see pics though.
Good luck with your wing.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:37 PM
RC-Captain

To late for pics but I will describe the botched landing crash. The front part of the fuse was in a tree an d the rest of the plane was 5 feet lower on the ground which was on a slope like hill . I almost lost my marbles when I saw what happened because I thought I would hit the shrubs and the plane would slow down.

Th other crash was on a botched take off . I decided I didn't have enough room to clear trees so I aborted and next thing I knew the front wheel gear was popping off the ground into the air. lol I must have hit a stick or something. Oh well just think I was going to get the .40 size extra . I don't think it would have been as repairable as this little joker. Such is life.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:19 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

To late for pics but I will describe the botched landing crash. The front part of the fuse was in a tree an d the rest of the plane was 5 feet lower on the ground which was on a slope like hill . I almost lost my marbles when I saw what happened because I thought I would hit the shrubs and the plane would slow down.

Th other crash was on a botched take off . I decided I didn't have enough room to clear trees so I aborted and next thing I knew the front wheel gear was popping off the ground into the air. lol I must have hit a stick or something. Oh well just think I was going to get the .40 size extra . I don't think it would have been as repairable as this little joker. Such is life.
UMM MR FIEND, May I publish this in this weeks Daily News ?

Just joshing you dude
Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 PM
RC-Captain

Sure ...MR PRO , my crash is your crash , but please correct the misspelles words.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:28 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

Sure ...MR PRO , my crash is your crash , but please correct the misspelles words.

um....ok.......'misspelles' is actually supposed to be spelled 'misspelled'
Old 05-30-2005, 11:35 PM
RC-Captain