Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

FLying thingz Indy Car? CRASH

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

FLying thingz Indy Car? CRASH

Old 08-01-2005, 07:39 PM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLying thingz Indy Car? CRASH

I built a flying Thingz indy car. I consider myself a good pilot and built it to all their instructions. I put on a 61 2 stoke and balanced it like they said. It needed a bunch of tail weight. Set the throws like they recomended too. The first attempt to take off it was traveling down the runway really fast and wouldn't take off. Second attempt traveling fast when it lifted it did almost a 90 % turn straight up. Then kept going over till it was upside down on its back couldn't get it to roll over kept going in the direction of the top and slamed into the ground. Not sure if balance was wrong or maybe engine thrust line. Tail wing look straight as far as incidence to profile of wing. I have another one to build but not wanting too until I figure out went wrong...

If you have one any sugestions would be great! Love the looks and really want to get it into the air.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Sukhoi_Madness

Default RE: FLying thingz Indy Car? CRASH

Hi... I read the recent RCU review on the Flying Thingz Sky Cutter...

It scored well in the review... But probably what is more salient to this discussion... The owners of Flying Thingz where portrayed as great guys and I'm sure an email/phone call etc... To them would yield some great results/information...

Just a thought...

Matt
Old 08-02-2005, 06:01 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... I kinda realate the Flying Thinz aircraft as bumble bee's or helicopters.. are not supposed to fly. If God wanted ... aw shut up, DS!!! haha.. Only kidding there..

I wanted to get the flying lawn mower or the flying witch for fun-fly and family events.. always get the attention of the kids there!! I saw a flying snoopy dog house in England and Snoopy on a surf-board, always a crowd pleaser.

Hope you figure that one out. I don't own one, do own a Rapier which is flying wing, but that's a bit different.

Good luck.

DS.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:58 AM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Check this video out.. Myself and a friend fly at shows together... I fly the red baron.

http://www.rcplane.com/movies/movies.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32883.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	304614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83800.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	304615  
Old 08-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Villa

I fly a flying lawnmower and believe the flying characteristics are similar. After not getting off the ground the first time you probably held a lot of up elevator the second time. When this is done you MUST expect the plane to suddenly lift and try to go vertical. You must be ready with lots of down elevator if this happend. My mower is very pitch sensitive. My guess is your's should get off the ground at a little higher speed than most planes with a normal amount of up elevator at rotation. If this is not happening look for problems with engine, prop, CG. Call the manufacturer for advice before you launch the second one.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:17 PM
3D Nut
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Guys,

All I have to say is read on

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_31...tm.htm#3171806

Happy Landing
Spiro