Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Crash video

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Crash video

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:56 AM
pauluk2w
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash video

I know you guys like to see crash video's here is a link to a compilation video

[link]http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/Hawk_birdstrike.avi[/link]

this is a bird strike. pilot ejected safely

This one is funny you will like this

[link]http://www.405themovie.com/download405.asp[/link]

Old 10-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Default RE: Crash video

That's sick bud!!!

In all but two of those crashes someone died...

Big Big difference between a person hitting the ground and a bunch of balsa hitting the ground!!!

I suggest that as this post does not relate to RC crash discussion at all it should be pulled...

Matt
Old 10-27-2005, 02:13 AM
pauluk2w

No thats not sick as you put it. these videos have been shown time and time again. infact the first one that showed the plane with the sonic boom the pilot ejected safely. I know a couple of the videos the pilots did infact die these videos have been shown time and time again here on rcu. I have seen the news footage that was posted here on rcu. If you are offended i am sorry that was not my intent. accidents do happen and these just go to show that whether we fly rc or fullscale something that we never plane can and does infact happen. I will remove the link
Old 10-27-2005, 04:26 AM
Sukhoi_Madness

Give me a break mate...

Just because the videos have been shown time and time again does not make them acceptable.

From time to time a full scale crash is posted with the intention of discussing the why's and where for's but certainly not for cheap entertainment...

I'm sure you'll get some support for you post from like minded people but you will also get some readers who have lost a friend or family member in an aviation accident...

It's up to you...
Old 10-27-2005, 09:13 AM
rjm1982

I should probably stay out of this...

But come on man. First of all, you've already branded everyone who doesnt agree with you negatively...so you're argument is already losing ground before its off the ground.

So what if someone died...why are people so afraid of and offended by the thought of seeing someone die. Im a die-hard Nascar Fan, and was a Strong Earnhardt fan, when he died, so many people were saying that the video shouldnt be replayed, because its a film of his actual death...but thats silly. I did get tired of seeing it over and over, but it had nothing to do with the content, just the repeated use of it.

Unless you see body parts or such, it shouldnt be a big deal.

"you will also get some readers who have lost a friend or family member in an aviation accident... " --- so? Everyone is supposed to monitor what they or do because someone might have an emotional connection to it? What if we had someone on the board who lost a family member in one of these "deadly rc crashes" we are warned about so much...should we stop posting vids and pics of crashed planes because we might offend someone...

Drop the PC stuff, get your panties out of a bunch, and if you dont like the video, dont watch it...k?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Sukhoi_Madness

Yeah mate...

I'm PC...

How about this for PC...

Any body who gets enjoyment from watching the death and destruction of another person is a sick idiot who does not deserve the air they breath...

Or How about this for PC...

I will post a vid of the Jets hitting the Towers so that we can all have another laugh and give a prize to the person who see's the first body part fly out the window...

It comes down to why you are watching such vids... And in this case it is clearly for entertainment. Trust me these Subtle differences and intentions make a huge difference to what you are actually doing...

And Don't lecture me like I came down in the last shower of rain............. I have just as much right to speak my mind here as you!
Old 10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
rjm1982

I have just as much right to speak my mind here as you!

Thats exactly my point...he has just as much right to post that video as you have to dislike it...so when you say it should be removed because of its content, you are contradicting yourself...

And watching those videos isnt sick, im wathing a plane crash, a pilot's death is a side-note...he put himself in that situation...

I dont feel sorry for people that die of their own doing. Very rarely is someone's death not the result of their own actions...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
gumhead

who made Sukhoi_Madness a moderator?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

[X(] I thought the vids. were good. good day. lol
Old 10-27-2005, 05:12 PM
pauluk2w

Matt is refering to a compilation video i found online the video showed about 5 crashes. the first one was the jet flying past a carrier where you could see the sonic boom. as we know for whatever reason the jet explodes but not before the pilot ejected. another one was the B-25 that crashed at a canadian airshow. another one was a plane doing a loop but he pancaked it into the ground. I think in 3 of the videos the pilots were safe and well. the others unfortunatley the pilots died in the crash. I decided to remove the link and replace it as Matt thought it was in bad taste. accidents at airshows can and do happen the pilots and their families all know the risk involved especially when you push a plane to its limit like they do. and as far as when he says about putting video of the jets hitting the world trade centers they are two different things and you cannot compare the two.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
rjm1982

good job, give in to the whiners...
Old 10-28-2005, 04:17 AM
pauluk2w

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
Old 10-28-2005, 09:26 AM
ScienceisCool
My Feedback: (1)

If you dont like it... dont watch it. and please stop whining about it.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:42 AM
sass25479
My Feedback: (9)

What happened to the links to the other videos?

Why should my right to see these be infringed because some crybaby complained?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 PM
deltatech

Welcome to the politically correct America!!! Where the majority has to change to accomodate the few. People don't like God mentioned in anything involving the government so how much of our culture and heritage must we give up for the sake of being appeasers. Regardless of what you say or do these days Americas diversity means that someone will probably be offended. So this means that I have just set myself up for some nastygrams.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:20 PM
gumhead

ORIGINAL: deltatech

Welcome to the politically correct America!!! Where the majority has to change to accomodate the few. People don't like God mentioned in anything involving the government so how much of our culture and heritage must we give up for the sake of being appeasers. Regardless of what you say or do these days Americas diversity means that someone will probably be offended. So this means that I have just set myself up for some nastygrams.
But the only one thats whining is from New Zealand

Thats OK though, Sukhoi_Madness is known for his holier-than-thou attitude...
Old 10-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Blue_Moon_

If you dont like it... dont watch it. and please stop whining about it.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Scale Jr.

Can we have the link to the first vid back please? I would like to see it....
Old 11-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Thor84

i say leave the guy alone ... its good footage that deserves the right to b shown for whatever purpouse we all desire .... some people are entertained by crashes .. as a matter of fact anyone that reads any crash thread does ..weather it be a manned aircraft or a model doesnt matter ... its a disscusion of crashes in which we all can express our opinion ..... i beleive its the freedom god gave all people .
Old 11-02-2005, 12:44 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEY.......I did'nt get to watch those videos yet.....PUT THEM BACK!!!![>:]
Old 11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
GuyIncognito

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rod up Sukoi Madness's butt must have a rod up its butt Those videos were really cool. First the eject video shows what those pilots really go through - pretty impressive stuff!

Second, the landing video was shear genius. Wish I had an imagination like that. Get off your pulpit Num Nut
Old 11-03-2005, 04:22 PM
RC driverer

The pilot did not die! Just the 1 millon doller plane.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Hueydriver

I see a lot of emotions got pretty high here, but FWIW, the bird strike video was of a Hawk with a student and IP on board. They took the bird just prior to going into a closed right pattern pitch when the bird was ingested....severe compressor stall with no clear/relight. Both the student and IP ejected safely. It was a textbook way of dealing with that emergency and is used as a good case study in Crew Resource Management
Old 11-03-2005, 05:03 PM
ScienceisCool

I still cant figure out what the big deal with the videos were in the first place. A guy ejects and the other is a movie featuring an airplane.... am i missing something?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
gumhead

There was a link that was removed. That link was to a montage video, a few clips in that video a few people supposedly lost there lives. That link is not in the post anymore...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.