Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Burnt out thumbs (literally)

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Burnt out thumbs (literally)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:18 AM
viperdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burnt out thumbs (literally)

since im kinda a handy guy, i have a nice shop in my garage, and thats mostly where i do all my rc modifications, fixes, etc... well lately a friend asked me to make him a silver ring, why i dont know, but i always liek a new callenge, and it was free, well while saudering the ring into its round form, the ring overheated, and starte to glow, bing smart, i pick up the ring with some special tweezers i have, and spun to put it in some water to cool, unfortunately, it sliped off the tweezers, and my "incredible" reflexes jumped in, and decide to try to catch a glowing hot ring with my bare left hand, now because of that, i have a nice strip of dead raw skin aross my thumb preventing me to fly this weekend, which for those of you who dont know me, will be my first flight in gass since last summer, when the truck was sold for a mustang. Even if this isnt quite a crash,i wouldnt know where to put it, since no forum has a topic that includes this, so i figured that crashes would be good, good luck to all those flyers that hit the skys this weekend, and my deepest regrets to those stuck in the office.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Burnt out thumbs (literally)

Sorry for your misfortune.
It is amazing how we throw common sense aside when we want to protect something valuable. I have jumped in the pool to save somenoe anc cannot swim. I did it but don't know how. People thought I was trying to drown the kid, but I needed to get to the bottom to get traction to run across the pool to the side!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 PM
viperdude

Default RE: Burnt out thumbs (literally)

Yea, i can see how that could be mistaken, trying to swim across the surface carrying a person is extremely hard..... good job though.