Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

help im a beginner

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

help im a beginner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:57 PM
dances

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help im a beginner

i just bought the aerobird challenger its great . but i crashed it and the propeller cut my wing is there a way of fixing it or is it easier to replace winf my plane keeps nose diveing now when i try to fly it
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 PM
TripleFlipOut

Default RE: help im a beginner

For the beginner flying foam planes, there is little better in the world to carry with than a roll of fiberglass reinforced packing tape. Several companies make the stuff, get the widest roll you can find because it is quite easy to pull it apart length-wise to suit. As long as you don't care about looks, this will keep your plane flying for a long time, and I recommend it as a preventative reinforcement on ANY foam plane that will be flying faster than designed for.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
viperdude

that, and packing tape work great for getting the contouer right on the wing, plus the weight is minimal.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:30 PM
alex k

dude, i agree with viperdude and tripleflipout , packing tape works extremely well, i have the aerobird challenger and have fix/repaired/replaced about 10 wings. just take the packing tape and put it where the prop would hit, its saved my wing(s) several times (and if the taping thing doesnt work, just replace the wing , they're about $15)