Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

The curse is broken.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

The curse is broken.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
viperdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The curse is broken.

Well this weekend for thanks giving i went up to my aunts house, (she has an avacado farm......really nice). Anyhow. i took my mad max along because her husbands dad used to build model aircraft-(some of these were so realistic they could double in the Smithsonian, his spirit of st. louis won national awards for its detail). Anyhow, they claimed their farm was cursed, because any aircraft they have ever flown there have ended up in peices. I found a time when there was no wind, and took Mike down to go flying, and after having a stroke only a few years ago, refusede to fly. I took off, and started doing some regular aerobatics, when suddenly my motor pitch jumped to a scream. My imediate thought was that the prop had come loose, and not wanting to fry my engine cut the throttle, and did a attempt-to-land-crash into the dirt. After a few minor repairs, and tightining up the prop, i set her back down, and throttled up to taxi out to my runway, and once again my motor started screaming at me. After about 15 minutes of screwing around with my prop i pulled the motor out to inspect it, and found a large section of my gear reduction missing [:@]. Now the plane i was hoping to last me till the neew lancair ep is released is grounded, untill i either get a new aircraft or pay up for a new gearbox. if i have the time ill get some pics and post em... Anyhow, bent on destroying this curse, i popped out my little electric heli that my father wants me to learn to fly, and managed t0o shred a tail rotor, but being me, i had an extra, and finally did a respectable flight. The curse is broken.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The curse is broken.

lol, good story. seems like theres a curse every were I fly.