Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Tiger 60

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 08:11 PM
FrancisPerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger 60

The penalty for flying to far away!

Francis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64160.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	383812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35239.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	383813  
Old 01-08-2006, 08:30 PM
flybug

Default RE: Tiger 60

Ouch!! Sorry...Did you managed to salvage any of the equipment. Well at least you get to make a trophy out of the tail
Old 01-08-2006, 09:14 PM
deadstickpilot

ouch, wat happed?[sm=confused.gif] sorry for the loss.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:00 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know what that is like. I was flying my Aerobat last week, did a stall turn at the end of a long fly by, when I went vertical, I was rather far away, sort of intentional, but I didn't anticipate the engine quitting on me. I didn't realize the engine quit until I levele out after the stall turn.. or an attempt at a stall turn.

The turn ended up putting me heading the wrong direction because instead of stalling and turning, it simply went over on it's back and was headed down in the wrong direction (my fault, obviously). So, after the vertical fall, I leveled it out and was going to just turn it and head back. Well, that's when I noticed the engine had quit and I was only about 30 or so feet above the ground. I again tried to simply turn it but the wind was blowing about 15 - 20 mph and it was going in the wrong direction. When trying to turn it, I did not have enoug air speed so it stalled but I managed to get it back wings level and consentrated on getting it down with a proper attitude landing.

I almost made it. By the time it landed, it was about a quarter of a mile away. So, I walked over to where it was and found it. It had hit on the nose wheel and took out the nose wheel and the main gear, but that was all the damage. I was lucky. Very easy to repair and will fix it tonite.

Normally, distance like that is the kiss of death for a 40 size aircraft, but in this case, I managed to keep the wings level in that final 10 or so feet and that's what saved the aircraft from more serious damage.

DS.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:01 PM
FrancisPerson

I got the engine,and some of the servos. I have the rx but I have not had a chance to test it. I was far away and became disorented. Tried to recover but could not be sure where I was after each attempt.

Was a nice Plane
Francis