Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

another crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

another crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:01 AM
stunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another crash

well, unfortunely i have no pics. Ok, well i was flying my nexstar and there is a 10 mph wind, sunny day, perfect weather. So i am flying around and i do a low flyby and it did not sound right so i throttled back up, gained some alltitude and was going parrellel with teh runway all of a sudden the plane becomes increasingly louder, kind of like a bogging sound and the egine dies, then i noticed a piece from the engine was falling off, obviously the muffler. so i immeditly turn towards the runway and make the finall turn. now i am at low attitude and a very slow speed. the plane looks like it is coming in perfectly, then the wind pics up ( crosswind) and the plane starts almost floting over towards the flying area. i turn the alierons, little respons because of my speed, then the plane is a foot away, i dive out of the area and the plane hits the stand infront of me. little damage just the landing gear was torn off and bent front gear,broken prop. next time i know that the RUDDER would have been much more useful. i wish i could show vid, it would be hilaious.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Dr1Driver

Default RE: another crash

Glad it's not too badly damaged. Never try to stretch a dead stick glide back to the runway. Make a normal approach and land in the softest place possible. When the plane is close to stall speed, the first control you lose is ailerons and the last to go is the rudder.

Dr.1
Old 01-15-2006, 08:26 PM
ashley95

another thing to remember is your cg has shifted aft due to the muffler seperation perhaps a little more airspeed would have been helpful
at least you'll be back up in no time
Old 01-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Stunner,
Get a simulator and practice using the RUDDER. This will only improve your flying ability. Good luck.

"Keep 'Em Flying!"
Flak
Old 01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Jlevin
My Feedback: (9)

When you replace the landing gear, use fiberglass and re-enforce the area around the gear, also glue in a few trinagle stock "shelves" for the gear block to sit on. The gear won't go anywhere with that repair job. Good luck!
Remeber, the rudder is your FRIEND!