Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

When Dogs Attack! (Pictures)

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

When Dogs Attack! (Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When Dogs Attack! (Pictures)

"It is US and perhaps we should get lawyars involved to resolve this argument"

Lawyers have already gotten involved, it's time the general public gets involved, too. California has already "resolved" it with state-wide breed-specific legislation. So has Denver, CO, and other cities and counties all over the US. Now, true, this is off topic, but I felt it needed to be said. I noticed the original poster made sure to specify it was three PIT BULLS. No argument, just fact.

Dr.1
Old 01-23-2006, 04:15 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Your neighbord has 3 pitbulls? next time use overcharged Lipo´s and install them at the wingtips....
Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Nitrodan73
My Feedback: (12)

I kow this is not a Dog discussion forum but Pitbulls were bred for fighting which gives them the instinct to bite or attack anything that they don't understand or like for that matter. My sister has a Pitbull named Hammer that was the sweetest dog but when he saw another dog or creature, His insticts to kill kick in and go for it. They have found numerous cats with their legs gnawed off in their backyard and the occasional smaller dog. I have many years experience with Many types of breeds and I'll say that Rottweilers, Chow Chows, and Sharpei's are the meanest and bite the most. Even their owners.

Who cares if he got mad at the dogs. He didn't smack them around or anything. I get mad at trees when I crash into them even though I was stupid enough to fly over them and then down into them.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM
kctrading
My Feedback: (2)

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL You guys are funny!

I knew my plane would be in trouble if it ever went over the fence....I'm just glad I was able to retreive it...if it had landed any further away it would of been a total write off...electronics are going into a Slowstick for my boy....And it's not the dogs fault as Pitbulls will be Pitbulls if not trained properly...if it was my Lab he may of licked it a few times and that is about all....sorry to say out of his three dogs, the younder puppy posed no danger...he was the only only one that did not take off after I yelled at them and would lick my fingers through the fence I could tell he missed playing with someone...the other older ones are left alone most of the time by the owners as they are always away playing with their offroad toys...if someone would spend more time with them they would be much better dogs....so I learned a good lesson....another reason to fly my planes down at the local college

Ken
Old 01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
ecmiller

Dead Doggy
Old 01-23-2006, 08:54 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Hey kctrading....you oughta take a little drive some weekend and come visit our field...about an hour and a half drive at the most...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:31 PM
necorc

Was it a "dog day afternoon" ? There's a saying in my neck of the woods... "Some days you get the bull, some days the "bull" gets you" Glad no human/animal was injured, makes for a great story...
Old 01-26-2006, 02:53 AM
foofinator

The PARKZONE CUB.

Public Enemy #1.

Wanted for killing toddlers, trespassing and maiming animals.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:14 AM
kzimmerman

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Foofinator, that was right on!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
love those warbirds
My Feedback: (39)

when did a child get hurt by an airplane?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:12 PM
multicasting

ORIGINAL: Dr1Driver

Before this turns into a "Pit Bulls Attack Airplane" headline in the local paper...

Bottom line: THE DOGS ARE NOT AT FAULT. ANY dog will protect it's territory and food source. There is no such thing as a "viscious" breed of dog. NO DOG IS BORN MEAN. They are trained, either deliberately or accidentally, to be that way.

Nice try. It seems there is overwhelming evidence that some breeds are simply high risk. Pit Bulls were bred for the purpose of confronting and attacking or defending against larger animals. They aren't necessarily more vicious than other breeds, however, they are capable of causing tremendous damage. They are also closely related to owners who collect them because of their reputation which exacerbates the problem. They have the potential to be a really great dog. In fact a derivative of this breed was "petey" in the little rascals, the original RCA dog, and on Buster Brown shoes. However, you won't see one of these in my back yard. They require very specific training to remain human friendly. And they take ANY threat against their territory or themselves very seriously. I am suprised that much of the aircraft survived.

Bob
Old 01-26-2006, 09:42 PM
chris77

It's a very funny story and pictures, too bad there was no video, not of the crash but of the pilot watching his plane being eaten LOL just kidding . i fly at a field on forest preserve land that we share with people who walk their dogs nearby (we share the parking lot ) and i always wonder when one of the dogs will take an interest in the planes as we unload them from the cars.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:15 PM
bobo_54501
My Feedback: (19)

A dog will do what thier breed was bred to do period .I have an Australian cattle dog . also know as a blue healer Named Dingo .. Looks kinda like a Australian wild dog but with tons more colors . He is the second best breed I have ever owned right next to Springer Spaniels . Very smart ,loyal and listens well .They were born to Herd things . Now Dingo doesnt care What he heards ,, Other Dogs , Cats , Kids ,, And his favorite thing is a Bowling ball that he will push around the yard till he brings it back to my feet .
Now Ive got a T-Max nitro truck that ill run in the front yard sometimes if I cant go flying .Dingo will sit looking out the window almost convulsing because he cant get out to herd it .One day I was running it with out the body on it because it was very hot outside . The wife opened the door and Dingo was out like a flash .. No barking just low running .Never seen him till he was right about on it . He takes a bite of a Red hot motor .Poor guy didnt take long to figure out that wasnt the place to try to pick it up .Ended up with a blister or two in his mouth ...Ya think he will still want to chase this truck now ?? Oh ya ..
Before getting an animal read up on the breed . And instead of asking is he right for me ..Ask if your right for them .Some breeds take alot of commitment and time to have a good dog .Pit Bulls are one of them ..
Old 01-28-2006, 02:27 AM
rdmonster

My dog would constantly bark when I flew my IFO. It was to close to his cage in the garage a few months back and he drug it in and chewed it up pretty good.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:30 AM
multicasting

ORIGINAL: bobo_54501

A dog will do what thier breed was bred to do period .I have an Australian cattle dog . also know as a blue healer Named Dingo .. Looks kinda like a Australian wild dog but with tons more colors . He is the second best breed I have ever owned right next to Springer Spaniels . Very smart ,loyal and listens well .... And instead of asking is he right for me ..Ask if your right for them .Some breeds take alot of commitment and time to have a good dog .Pit Bulls are one of them ..
Well said Bobo. I really dig the ACD. I intend to try a Texas Healer after my ACD, Koala, begins to get too old. Koala was trained by my former ACD, Roo. Spanials have too much hair for the Texas Heat. But the ACD was bred for this. I will never forget with Roo and Koala got into the back yard with all the kids from the neighborhood. They had them rounded up and cornered in lightning speed. That is until one of them threw a tennis ball. ACDs are suckers for a thrown ball. Hey, is this a dog form?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88122.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	396791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38095.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	396792  
Old 01-28-2006, 04:51 PM
SU-13

sorry bout the plane. those dogs must have been really hungry.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:19 PM
WolverineRC

Found out the first time I took my new dog to the field that he loves to chase my planes around. He was tied up but slipped out of his collar, so I tried a harness, he pulled out of that too. locked him in the back of my truck... Big mistake. so now I just take to fly the electric planes at the park. he will chase the plane nonstop for the 15 minutes of battery. once it's on the ground he looses interest. this is our regular exercise routine now.

Name:	Qo41494.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	397875  
Old 01-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Scott55
My Feedback: (16)

I think the worse dog attack we had at our field, was the time Moon the neighbors dog North of our field peed on one of the guy's plane, I was not there at the time but found it hilarious. Moon was sort of our clubs mascot up until last year when he passed away from old age, he was great dog and always knew when it was lunch time LOL. We all miss him alot.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:45 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny this thread came up because I was reminded of a time, long ago, when I was just starting into electrics. I had a GWS Slo Stick. I was running the motor in the house when the cat became interested. Before I had a chance to throttle back he stuck his nose in the prop. No injury, but then he stuck his paw in and got defensive. He walked around and bit a chunk of of the horiz. stab, and when I went to find some foam CA to glue it back in he took his revenge. Since then he's kept his nose and paws out of props, although he did develop an intense dislike of my Blade CX, which he demonstrated by biting one of the rotor blades in half. Some pics:

First is the airplane after the attack, and the second one is the vicious brute responsible.....

Name:	Ge94762.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	398111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90683.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	398112  
Old 02-03-2006, 12:18 AM
VMF313

Saying that no dog is born mean is completely inaccurate. I have seen a lot of breaders that have inbred dog so much that they are simply not mentally stable.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
gouda
My Feedback: (69)

Fun no longer exists.....
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Blisster

Copy
Yes, let's all have a good laugh at the consequences of his bad judgement. I wonder how funny it would have been if he had hit a toddler playing in the yard?
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Well, I would think that those bite marks in the wings would be much smaller and closer together, plus there would bound to be fingerprints!
Doing my best to lighten up this thread! Leave the preaching to the preacher! His karma was fairly instant IMHO! BTW, I have three HUGE dogs, (never would own a Pitt though) and dog are dogs. Doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be human though, and get a bit pissed when our toys get busted. As for the hypotheticals, get a life!!! What if... a Killer Whale was in the pool next door? Good Grief (whatever that means, is there "good" grief?) With negative posts like that, who will WANT to show their mistakes here for OUR entertainment? Not me!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
spitfiremk.16
My Feedback: (7)

don't worry, im not going to lecture you seems as i have broken the rules many times myslef. i thought that was as funny as hell. i have never heard of a pitbull that likes to eat a foam airplane.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:05 AM
Red B.

I had an encounter with a German shepard some years ago who had escaped from its owner during a morning stroll. The dog wasn't angry or anything, but it's no fun having a dog jumping at you while you are flying. Fortunately I could distract the dog by flying very low and close. This shifted the dogs attention from me towards the airplane. It started chasing the aircraft up and down the runway. This took place at a flying field with a 900 yd runway so I took advantage of all the spacea available and flew back and forth along the runway, the dog constantly chasing the aircraft. After approximately 15 minutes the dog was so tired it couldn't keep on running any more at which point I took advantage of this by making a landing and retreiving the aircraft before it was eaten.

/Red B.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:35 AM
spitfiremk.16
My Feedback: (7)

thats a good story. ive never heard one like that. luckily at my field the only dog we usually see is the little ankle biter which is the hobby shop owners dog. the dog is always in the shop so luckily he has been trained not to chew on airplanes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.