Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

death of the thrice resurected 4*

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

death of the thrice resurected 4*

Old 02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
kzimmerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default death of the thrice resurected 4*

I have a four star forty that has been cursed. I crashed it twice, minor damage, easily reparable. Then, it went through a house fire. Then it had a bench seat in my van fall on it. I have faithfully rebuilt, repared and reflown each time. Yesterday was the first flight after the seat incident. It was going okay, was trying to trim her out. She had some down elevator in her, and I was working on getting the trim up. She just gradually started diving, and no amount of up elevator would get her nose up. I also did not have control of the engine, so I assume that I lost contact with the receiver. The fuse is totally destroyed, the wing is in two major halves, although one wing panel is totally smashed to bits, the other one is completely intact. The tail feathers are intact, the radio system is still there, but i havn't had any chances to do any diagnostics yet. I do know that the switch wires were torn out of the switch, so thats no good. I also bent the needle valve 90 degrees on my brand new saito .50 GK.

Well, I think she's done this time. I'd have to basically scratch build another one, so maybe I will someday, but for now, it's back to my rascal.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 AM
cbader
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: death of the thrice resurected 4*

Sorry to hear that..... I have a 4* that I love. Out of all my planes I think that is my favorite to fly. They are great planes. Hope you get a new one!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

after any crash the the receiver should be checked out.
Possibles: the crystal failed, battery, or thee switch itself
Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
budzo

Sorry to hear your story, I lost a 4 star also, except i never found mine