Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

stupid thumbs

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

stupid thumbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 11:37 PM
venom290

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid thumbs

Well it finaly happend, my supperstar is (sniff) gone. It was a nice day winds 5/10 mph,22`f , sunny.I was making some passes over the runway,cross wind gust tipped[X(], stalled[], nosed in[:@].arrrggggg.Stupid thumbs. I thought I was gettin pretty good but I just coulden't save it. It was my fist plane (last fall). Cracked down both sides of fuse, one stripped servo.When I got out to it, her guts(tank,batt, etc,) were spilled out her nose like she threw up.[:'(].luckely my old instructor was there to help me pick up the pieces.Anyone have a fuse they want to sell?That la 40 was a good motor, not the strongest but smooth and easy. Might go bigger on rebuild .46?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20779.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	406553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88749.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	406554  
Old 02-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Rickles56

Default RE: stupid thumbs

It happens to the best of pilots.. I crashed my .40 size trainer twice and rebuilt it before buying a new one. I have rebuilt the 2nd trainer 3 times and although today I am a much better pilot (5 yrs later) and into larger planes I still fly the 2nd trainer as a Sunday fun fly when I want some relaxing flight time. I like to build as well and looking at your photos, I would say that plane is repairable...

Good luck with the next one! Maybe move up to a bit more advanced plane this time around.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
venom290

I think I will get a new fuse and just swap components. Not much free time right now. 2
small kids , work etc.Rebuild this one as time allows with some mods(tail dragger?)Have two others but snows a cummin and I don't think my skies will fit the mustang.Wheres my ca.

Name:	Ca82138.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	406577  
Old 02-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Rickles56

ORIGINAL: venom290

I think I will get a new fuse and just swap components. Not much free time right now. 2
small kids , work etc.Rebuild this one as time allows with some mods(tail dragger?)Have two others but snows a cummin and I don't think my skies will fit the mustang.Wheres my ca.
I wasn't sure if you had any other planes. The Mustang looks nice, which one is it? I have a World Models .40 size P51 for pylon racing with an OS 50SX in it. A nice flying plane and quite fast. Good luck with the planes and the kids. My 3 are all full grown now and I have 3 grand kids so this is my time for fun...
Old 02-12-2006, 01:18 AM
venom290

The boys are 5 and 7 . Hopfully have the oldest flying this summer. He's doing great on sim. Mabey re build it for him.Mustang is an older hanger 9. Y.S91. Heres my other .

Name:	Ay73938.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	406593  
Old 02-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Rickles56

ORIGINAL: venom290

The boys are 5 and 7 . Hopfully have the oldest flying this summer. He's doing great on sim. Mabey re build it for him.Mustang is an older hanger 9. Y.S91. Heres my other .
I like your Wagstaff Extra, very nice looking plane. It looks very clean, have you flown it yet? I just got the Hangar 9 27% Extra 260 and will be putting a DA50 in it as soon as I can get the cash together. My big project for the last year and half has been a DS 1/9th scale B17 bomber. It's about 80% complete and I hope to maiden her in late April. I had another much smaller B17 that crashed on the 2nd flight, it took me 6 months to build that plane! We never did find the actual problem, looks like it was a hung flap. It flew great until I lowered the flaps. I was going a bit fast so raised them and that was when the problems started. It did a spiral dive into the desert floor after I struggled it once around the pattern.

I have 2 boys, 28 and 34 yrs old. They live on the east coast and have flown trainers on buddy cords but don't have much interest in R/C.

Well, good luck with the rebuilds and other planes. Looks like you are all set for summer.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:11 AM
petronio

WEll, if you already know how to fly then discard my suggestion but when I crashed my Canary I decided to build one of these spad trainers and they are just incredible. In one week it was ready to fly. That's the plane with which I learnt to fly, it allows a really slow flight and it is nearly undestroyable. It is not a beauty compared to a balsa plane but it is that practical aspect that counts . Greetings

Name:	Qn38561.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	406661