Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

H9 Miss America P-51 Crashed/Lost

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

H9 Miss America P-51 Crashed/Lost

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 02:06 PM
devildog_0431

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Miss America P-51 Crashed/Lost

Yesterday my friend and I took our H9 Warbirds to the Field. I performed a great Maiden flight on his Corsair then took my P-51 up, the crowd loved it until the rudder hinges came out from the speed so I landed it and repaired it. I went up again but on an upwind pass I noticed glitches in the plane. I couldn't control it enough for a good landing approach then the plane just glitched totally and went full throttle into a roll and crashed about 100 yards out in the middle of a Hawaiin Marsh Swamp Jungle, argh. The radio is PCM and locked me out complety, a few other pilots had glitches that day but didn't tell me till after. I tried to find it last night w/ no success. Lost was the .60 size P-51 w/ a Saito 100 4 stroke, dave brown 3 1/2" alloy spinner, master air 15x8 prop, expert on board ignition system, volt watch, upgraded retracts, a 791 retract servo and 2 battery packs. The Hawaiian Police sometimes fly over our air field w/ their chopper and recover our lost planes so today I'm going to give them a call and see if they will make a run sometime soon Pics will come to follow once found.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
tuwood

Default RE: H9 Miss America P-51 Crashed/Lost

Sorry to hear about your crash.

There's a lake that borders my field & I often worry about crashing in the water. I think the only thing worse than crashing would be to crash & not be able to find/retrieve your wreckage.

Good luck & hopefully we'll see some pictures soon.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:19 PM
gunfighterII

Sorry to hear about your loss, how very unfortunate.
I'd keep a close eye out for any PFer's that might be operating around your field, I heard some under the table grumbling's at our field on just this subject.

Tony,
I assume were talking Omahawks field, I've always wanted to come and check out your field it looks like a great flying site. Does this field require AMA?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:40 PM
tuwood

ORIGINAL: gunfighterII

Tony,
I assume were talking Omahawks field, I've always wanted to come and check out your field it looks like a great flying site. Does this field require AMA?
You are correct sir, and I go out almost every day the weather permits so feel free to PM me and you can be my guest.
Hawk Field does not require AMA, it is a city owned field that's managed by Omahawks.
On that note, 50 degrees tomorrow.... I see some lunchtime flying in my future!
Old 02-13-2006, 04:56 PM
gunfighterII

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the invite, I'll put you in the address book and look you up when the weather get's a little better, the last time I was in Omaha was when I wired the new Taco Bell at 38th & Dodge. (Sure is lot's to see in that neighborhood huh!)
Mac