Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Mid air

Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
airstik2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid air

post any mid air stories here

well here's mine

boys, 1 year ago a friend was fling my avistar because he is a great pilot (3d) and hasn't flown a trainer in a long time. Then me dad went up in his twist and after a little bit of fling my friend and dad had a midair. It didn't look like they were going to hit, when my friend pulled up they hit!!! . My dad lost his right,only HIS RIGHT aileron. My Plane, lets just say the covering was all that was holding the bottom left balsa on on my wing. So my friend (Vaughn) was able to save my avistar in time to help my dad land his twist. Von said it was hard to land me crippled plane and was about to dump it when he was able to turn it right out of some people's harm. Dad used full aileron and elevator and 2/3 rudder to land it.

i have fixed both planes and my dad and i have flown them but the last time we flown them was in may because scence then we have been flying our U-Can-Dos

Old 03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
airstik2003

Default RE: Mid air

anyone??

Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Ramones The

I saw this one on the internet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn38587.gif
Views:	11
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	425290  
Old 03-13-2006, 09:02 AM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Heres the aftermath of a midair

http://home.dc.rr.com/maurie/Midair.wmv
Old 03-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Frisko

Mid-airs…
1) My Puma 2 hit a Burda-Piper: damage to the piper, a hole of 2 cm in the cowl. Damage to my Puma was the right half of the stabilo ripped of, the half where the elevator control horn was on. I could make an controlled crash in the middle of the runway. Additional damage: firewall ripped out
2) My Box fly hit full speed a Tulura : both planes exploded in the air, nothing left of the planes, RC and motors Ok.
3) My Sweetstick hit a trainer: Damage to the trainer: nothing. Sweet Stick lost 1/3 of the wing. I was able to land this without further damage
4) My Flying saucer hit a low wing trainer: both planes crashed and there was too much damage for repair
5) My Delta hit another delta, control horn broken and my plane rolled into the ground, other delta had no damage. My delta could be fixed and flew back the other day.
6) Own design multi of 1m40 hit a low-wing trainer, my wing broke, plane rolled to the ground and crashed on the street, a few meters in front of a car. This car drove over the “rest†of the plane. Everything, including motor, servo’s and RX was destroyed. It was the third flight of the plane
7) Same delta’s hit again, both trash
8) In course of pylon speed 400, I had 2 major midairs, planes are repaired and I still fly them
9) Practice for pylon, in a midair my plane got hit by another pylon. Mine exploded, nothing left
10) Multibat slope-glider hit model of Fouga Magister, my multibat had a broken wing and a fuselage in 3 parts. CA, Pu-glue and tape fixed the job and multibat was back in the air the next day.

I didn’t count the indoor hits and the one during combat. I know I had 2 more mid-airs, but can’t remember them.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
rjm1982

Dang frisko...people still want to fly with you?

Most people are barely unlucky enough to have 1 or 2...
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
airstik2003

Frisko

i feel for you man

and all those planes

Old 03-14-2006, 12:43 PM
mikeyvc

Avistar my 2nd airplane out flying one day and a begginer was flying a trainer he was going clockwise around the field and i was going counterclockwise and he was on a buddy box well i cliped his tail he went down in a spiral dive and i was able to land with just alittle right wing damaged, i don't know if that guy ever came back to learn to fly.that was he's first flight.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:20 PM
antslake
My Feedback: (1)

Thats my plane, thank you very much.
Over 300,000 downloads, and counting.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Iturnright

Twice, although the first time I was lucky.

1. I was flying a reflection flatout foamy and another pilot, (who is a good friend) was flying another larger foamy Yak. I was trying to get in the hang of knife edging while he was hovering at about 20'. Well, I ended up flying directly below his plane, but I'm hardly an expert, so I flipped back to normal and yanked back on the stick, which put me directly below him flying upwards towards his plane[&:] Luckily, we must have had some space between us, and the propellers missed either plane, but there was this big thwack sound that was probably from the wings or tail and wing hitting each other. I yanked the stick again and flew off the other way, while he was certainly surprised and fell out of the hover nearly hitting the ground, but managed to pull it out. We were lucky that time, neither of us had any damage.

2. Well this time I wasn't so lucky. I was flying a stryker, (a foam delta wing), and there were about 5 other planes flying at the same time, so it was fairly crowded. Anyway, I completed a turn as did an older pilot who was flying a light balsa plane and we just crashed head on into each other. I'm not precisely sure, but it looked like the nose of my plane or maybe the wing smashed into the right wing on his airplane. My plane tried to keep on flying, but it looks like one of the elverons jammed in a bad position and caused mine to go into a hard spiral, which broke the frontal part off, (although that happens often). Meanwhile his plane slammed into the ground with only 1 wing functioning. However, my damage was repairable, (I could have fixed it right there if I had some packing tape handy) on the other hand, his plane's wing and motor mount was totalled and the right wing was in about 40 pieces and completely unrepairable. So his plane was pretty well totalled while mine only had superficial damage, although I practically felt worse, but we both agreed that these sort of things will happen eventually, so no hard feelings.

If someone had been videotaping I'm sure everyone on here would enjoy watching it, but oh well.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
airstik2003

anymore takers?

Old 03-23-2006, 12:47 AM
jsonin
My Feedback: (4)

We've got the entire sequence captured at hi-res ... just leading up to it and the aftermath.

Here are a few pictures.

-Juhan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21242.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	431306   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44316.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	431307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93904.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	431308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj20033.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	431309  
Old 03-23-2006, 08:54 AM
p0stal

Mine was between a E-Flight Cessna and a Parkzone J-3 Cub. I was piloting the Cessna. Was showing off how my Cessna would fly circles around my buddies J-3. Mine had Outrunner 400 3cell lipos, his cub was totaly stock. I would come hauling ***** behind him dive under an loop around him. Well !!!!! My main wing nicked his prop. My Bird looks like a Igloo Cooler Exploded in mid air. His PZ Cub just got knocked around a bit an landed safely.

His J-3 went home to fly another day[>:]
Mine was left in garbage can on site
Old 03-23-2006, 09:03 AM
BDAD Flyer
My Feedback: (15)

Some awesome pictures!!! ))
Old 04-06-2006, 03:45 PM
flyernater

cool pictures
Old 04-09-2006, 04:17 AM
hitcttd
My Feedback: (8)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4142558/tm.htm
Old 04-16-2006, 04:11 AM
dacaur

here is my brother and I flying our STC's.... his is the yellow one, he claims he didnt see me, but watching the video, it seems he steered right into me... anyhow, mine was not repairable, his just needed a new prop... the audio is a little ahead of the video, but you can hear the crash and both of us in unison go 'OH!"

[link=http://www.dacaur.com/vids/stccrash.wmv]VIDEO - STC midair crash 3.4mb[/link]
Old 07-28-2006, 02:31 PM
airstik2003

hey guys i'm back

3 weeks ago i was flying my foamy and another guy named Tom was flying his e-flite mini stick

we were the only people flying and we were coming close and the next thing i Know is that he cut his motor and we hit[:@]
i lost 2 small chunks of foam and his stalled his plane and it went down[&:]
mine was still flying and i landed it like i always to went over to see what happened to his
his firewall broke off[X(]
he went home and fixed it, i was still flying mine then later he came back wih it good as new

thats what i call a good midair

cool hun?

Old 06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
n0kjf

anymore midairs
Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 AM
paulhenley

Hi all

I had a beauty about 2 month ago.

(there is no exaguation at all below)

Me and a friend were flying delta wings at the site. He had a lazer arrow (wooden sturcture) and i had a correx folded thingy - 33 inch wing with a supertiger 50

And we were flying in formation - going over the run way, back up, bunt, back over run way, bunt, back ofver runway ... with each other and just for an idea of how low we were .. i had 4mm trimmed off my propelor at the end ...

So, anyway lol we both pulled up together as we had been, but at a awkward angle causing me to fly throught the middle of the Lazer arrow, (which came down like confeti) i turned around in disbelief of what had just happend, but to the shock of hearing my engine still running, i switched back around to see i was still flying and so went on to do a perfect landing...

Feeling bad, after this i offered my mate a go with my delta, he says yes, we start up, he throws it , i pulled it up, back down and the batteries went flat ! So it went hurling flat out in to the field, summersaulted over the pitts and in the next field!. When i say over the pitts - There was mud off the crash on my flair swallow which the delta summersaulted over !

It was sooo funny. I have a vid some where of the Fire we had from the Lazer arrow (we had to cremate it's remains) and i also have a video showing where my delta crashed. i will try and find them and add them on to you tube !

Henley

Old 06-05-2007, 04:01 PM
spad

I was flying my Chris Foss Wot4 doing large lazy loops and stall turns and generally into a nice groove.
My mate Scott was flying an Avicraft Moronic (good name!) with a ST 91 in it (overpowered or what!?!) basically tearing around punching holes in the sky!
Well you can see it coming can't you!?! I'm just on the down leg of a stall turn and meet Scott on the way up the self same line. His prop nut meets my left leading edge, both the nylon wing bolts give out and the wing spins away. Meanwhile the fuselage continues straight down to the cow field below. Missed the cow pats but burried the engine up to the firewall, carby breaks out of the mounting boss and breaks a couple of fins on the front of the cylinder barrel. The impact broke the firewall out of Scotts Moronic leaving the, now dead, ST91 hanging on by the fuel lines etc. He managed to pull off a perfect deadstick back on the strip (didn't even say sorry!)
My wing was still fluttering down after he landed!
I guess if I'd been quicker I might have been able to knife-edge the fuse out of it's death dive!! LOL

I guess that's just an occupational hazard of flying with others - it's just that we were the only two out there!
Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 AM
jetmech05

Pattern? what is a pattern? Anyone know what a pattern means?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:13 PM
spad

nope! I'm English - I heard a pattern was an American thing.... but maybe I should look into it tho'