Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

You are not allowed to shoot them.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

You are not allowed to shoot them.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:34 AM
ktmguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You are not allowed to shoot them.

ORIGINAL: The Internet Killer

So your saying if a teenager cut my fence and road an ATV across my property without my permission I would be with in my rights to blow said ATV out from under said teenager. (Before you answer, let me point out that last year someone did cut my fence and ride across my property. I also have a kid next door that like to spin donuts in my driveway with his ATV.)

As someone with 6 kids who ride bikes and ATVS, I reilgioulsy stress the importance of riding on designated trails and only property they have the right to ride on.
Obviously trying to blow an ATV out from under neath someone is a different story,as you could actually Shoot the indivivual. Thats Not a concern shooting an RC plane out of the sky.
Now, I let folks ride on MY property if they ask permission and are respecatable, However more than once, tresspassers have been confronted on my property WITH A GUN, as In my area I am within the law to do so.
Sure other measures should be persued first, talk to the kids parents, etc.. But In the end, and ONLY IF the kid was intentionally harrassing the guy after previous warnings, then Hey It cost the guy less than a grand.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Blue_Moon_

[quote]ORIGINAL: AQ500

"The problem with america is that as ¨soon as there is a problem, someone uses a gun.."

Not true. TRUE!

"That is not the solution to the problems."

True. TRUE!

"In US, cops can be almost certain that a criminal is armed and ready to kill;"

Not true. NO ITS TRUE!

and they do not fear shooting at the police because of the cruel penelties you got over there..

Not true. TRUE..

The guy that shot down that plane will hopefully get what he deserves. -yeh, death penelty lol

Old 03-27-2006, 05:12 PM
The Internet Killer

Hey, Blue Moon

As I doubt you can even see the U.S. of A. from atop your soap box ! We can only assume that you have spent your long winter night in Sweden watching TV shows, and thinking everything you have seen is real.
Now listen real close. Are you listening????????
TV is there for entertainment. If they only showed real life it would be BORING.
So go see a psychiatrist about your cabin fever, and have a nice life.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:33 PM
Spaceclam

how do you put big shotgun holes in an RC plane unless you are flying very very close?
unless you are very close to it, the occasional beetle or weed will do more damage to your aircraft than a scattered 12 gauge pellet or two would...
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 PM
AQ500

I grew up in a rural area. I did have neighbors and they were not miles away. I could see where flying a plane in a 500 foot pattern around where I grew up could cross property lines and get close to a house or two. I did use the road in front of our house as a runway a few times. I had great neightbors. They would come out and watch, no shotguns either.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:17 AM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone else find it funny that the shooter claims "the kid lost control after being frightened".
Could it be that the kid lost control of the plane because it had 2 shotgun holes in it ?????
That part was priceless...what a pathetic attempt to regain some dignity...
Old 03-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Huntster

If that were my kids lost plane.....It woul dbe time to open the field up to RC'ers from all over the area. Start a new club!!!! That would get his attention. The only planes you coul dlfy there are your old ones that you'd like to get replaced at the expense of the neighbor...... What a knucklehead!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
cheese1968

I've heard of wing shooting, but thats rediculous. Maybe he should teach his goats how to fly.....Or hook a Rx and some servos
to his chickens and have some real fun...........
Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 AM
The Internet Killer

ORIGINAL: flyinghuntster

If that were my kids lost plane.....It woul dbe time to open the field up to RC'ers from all over the area. Start a new club!!!! That would get his attention. The only planes you coul dlfy there are your old ones that you'd like to get replaced at the expense of the neighbor...... What a knucklehead!!!!

I like your idea. Maybe two combat clubs , one on either side of him and then have group combat, say 6 fliers per side.
Wait. ??? Forget it he might consider himself the flak battery. [&o]
Old 03-28-2006, 12:30 PM
cheese1968

Yeah 2 combat clubs using r/c chickens. The loser gets to cook chicken for the winner.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Falcon0988
My Feedback: (16)

I was on a sporting clays team for a while, and before I left, I was building a SPAD to be shot up (we were running out of target presentations/ideas). I don't remember who said it, but shot goes to about a mile, and depending on the choke, it could be any pattern (it's measured on a 30" circle at I think 30 feet or yards) Needless to say...his plane would've been shredded by all the lead.

If the kid was flying over the man's property, and had been repeatedly warned, by all means, do something about it (maybe not to the extent of shooting it). But if wasn't even over his land, the man got what he deserved.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Hellcat1st

I want to know what size fuel tank this kid had that he could stay airborne to exsaust the goats because I want one. Unless the guy kept his goats up late at night doing only god knows what with them?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
AQ500

They scared his kids too. My kids will never be scared of model planes. If his kids were scared enough to warrant shooting the plane with a gun, he needs to let them get outside and see the sun every once in a while. My little 2 year old nephew isn't scared of them at all. Maybe he should get them away from the TV and Nintendo. So what happens when a full scale flies over? Do the kids hit the deck and start trembling with fear? I feel sorry for the kids living with a father like that.

The guy basically got ticked, wasn't using his head, got out the gun to shoot it, and now has to try and justify it. I wonder if he got help from his lawyer to come up with the chicken, goat and children bit.

Like I said before, it is people like this that give guns a bad name and ruin the fun for the rest of us. It is because of this kind of use that we are seeing tighter and tighter restriction of firearms and there are more and more laws made.

BTW, no death penalty in this case. In a country with 30 times the population you will get 30 times the number of bad people as well as 30 times the number of good people. You may have 30 times the amount of crime, but you also have 30 times the amount of smart people.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:00 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

How the poor child should have reacted.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12244473754960
Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 PM
multicasting

God I love the gun laws of Vermont! That is one squared away state! (And I'm from Texas!)

ORIGINAL: Thor84

c where i live if some guy did that to me i could shoot at him in defense of my property..... but i wouldnt do that .....
Old 03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
multicasting

ORIGINAL: Blue_Moon_

The problem with america is that as ¨soon as there is a problem, someone uses a gun.. That is not the solution to the problems. In US, cops can be almost certain that a criminal is armed and ready to kill; and they do not fear shooting at the police because of the cruel penelties youve got over there..
And we don't fear shooting them back. You gotta love those cruel laws in America! [sm=punching.gif]
Old 03-30-2006, 09:50 PM
multicasting

ORIGINAL: ktmguy

2 sides of every story..

1. was the kid Flying on this gentlemans private property?

2. was the kid warned repeatedly not to fly on this guys property?

3. Was the Kid disrespectful?

We dont know the answers to the above questions because we only have one side of the story.

If ANY of the 3 statements above ring true, Then I say lock and load, blow it out of the sky.
Hell 550 bucks in fines is worth it!

So this is why airliners fly at 30,000 feet over Greensboro,NC ???

YEAH! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
jetmech05

HEY WE'VE HAD A GUY SHOOT AT PLANES A FEW YEARS AGO AFTER THE JUDGE GOT DONE WITH HIM HE WON'T DO IT AGAIN HE STILL LIVES AT THE NORTH END OF OUR FIELD.
NOW HE COMES DOWN AND ASKS US NOT TO FLY OVER HIS HOUSE, AND WE REALLY TRY NOT TO BUT A NEWBIE WILL OR WHEN THE WIND IS STRONG FROM THE SOUTH AT TIMES SOMEONE WILL DRIFT OVER.
BUT AT LEAST HE'S TALKING TO US NOW
Old 03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
rjm1982

The thing that people arent mentioning...is that unless your live next to an airport, like real close, or a military installation, its uncontrolled airspace, and nobody has the right to say what you can do in the air over their property.

I fly at an auxilliary naval landing feild (they let us fly rc on the weekends off the taxiway...cool setup ) and you see alot of civil aviation real low over the airport.. A year or so ago when i was starting to fly I got an understanding for the term uncontrolled airspace. There was a cessna doing "practice" approaches on the runway...and since the space is uncontrolled, he could get as low as he wanted to as long as he didnt actually touch down (would be tresspassing on gov't property at that point.). There was one other person out there with me at the time...and we both got a kick out of it...an MP came out and watched..just to make sure they guy didnt get cute and actually touch down...but he would get under about 10-feet with the gear...

So no, the guy had no right to do what he did. It wasnt in his airspace, it happend to be over his property, but not in it. That would be like somoeone saying "Commercial jets cant fly over my property at any altitude) ... its not his air..he cant controll it. He could have gotten a court order to stop it based on noice or disturbing the peice or whatever BS crap he could pay a lawyer to come up with...but he cant do anything about being over his property.

Now, if it were me...I would by a turbine and mount it statically somewhere in my yard facing him...and fire it up 3 or 4 times an hour for him all day every day....because im spitefull like that

And as to the gun thing...its the idiots that are bad, not the guns... Ive been around guns my whole life (i can remember actually walking to the corner store where I grew up in Oklahoma when i was young, about 18 yrs ago, with my .22 over my shoulder and walking in to get some pop and some ammo....) It wasnt a big deal... I knew how to handle it...i knew before i knew how to talk that it wasnt a toy, that it could hurt me...i knew not to point it at people, to always treat it like it was loaded, to not wave it around like a toy...i knew these things before i started pre-k ... I knew them because my parents knew i was going to grow up around them...so they did the right thing. Now, as an adult, i have 5 guns in my house, 3 rifles (that same .22 from 18+ yrs ago, a 30-30, and a shutgun) and 2 pistols. The pistols are kept loaded and in places that i can get to them quick, the rifles are all kept near their ammo. I have pointed my 9mm at one person before, that walked up to me with a knife and seemed to want my wallet for some reason...(thank you virginia for you concealed carry laws) ... turns out the dude had killed a man that night with that knife...and probably would have tried to do the same to me.

I will gladly give up my guns, when the criminals give up theirs. Gun restrictive laws do very little to prevent gun deaths, as most gun deaths are intentional and the people that are willing to kill, are probably willing to ignore the gun laws.

Are there some accidental deaths? Yeah...but most of those are from kids getting their parents' guns and not really knowing what they are or respecting them. When my freinds come over and bring their kids, I actually show the kids the guns (empty for sure of course) and make sure they know what they are. Make sure they know they arent toys. Make sure they respect what can happen with them. Often, we take them to the range and let shoot the guns as well. Its about educating them....

Anyways, i took a little bit of a soapbox on that one...mainly cause alot of people seem to look at guns wrong. If you dont want to own one, good for you, thats your call...but i hate the "gun law crusaders" and their constant alertism over the issue.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Tim Wiltse-RCU

Well there is always two sides to a story. Was the "child" flying the plane really a 17 year old punk? Was the kid buzzing the guys kids and animals at 12 inches off the ground. Had he been told to stop in the past. Who knows in this case. The media onlys tells so much.

As a side note talking about people going on private property. I grew up on a large apple orchard in upstate NY. I did alittle hunting and we had a pretty good deer population around the farm. One fall I went to a back corner of the farm and was going to set up a tree stand and do alittle waiting as I had been watching a huge 8 pointer all summer long. So just as I step foot into the woods I see this dude in full camo coming at me. He starts going off on me to get off his property or he was gonig to call the cops[X(] and how darn I step foot on his land. I ask him who the heck he was, he said his name was Carl Wiltse. So I take out my drivers license showed it to him and said "Well Dad(see my dad is Carl Wiltse) you better get home Mom is looking for you to mow the yard" His eyes got as big as pie plates. I then told him that if I ever saw him on my property again the deer wouldn't be the only ones getting lead shot at them. People just don't care anymore. It's a real shame.

Later,
Tim
Old 03-31-2006, 12:01 PM
The Internet Killer

ORIGINAL: Tim Wiltse-RCU

Well there is always two sides to a story. Was the "child" flying the plane really a 17 year old punk? Was the kid buzzing the guys kids and animals at 12 inches off the ground. Had he been told to stop in the past. Who knows in this case. The media onlys tells so much

Well at 12 inches off the ground or over his head and the guy had swatted it out of the air with a 2x4 it wouldn't have caused all this discussion and would have only made a good video.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
dragonov3
My Feedback: (3)

rjm1982
I agree with everything you said. I am a retired gunnersmate 1st class. I was a certified range instructor for 16yrs. I too have been around guns all my life. My children have held my unloaded guns and have been taught gun safety. They respect them and know not to go anywhere near the safe unless I am present. As for Blue_Moon I find it very funny that you stereo type people from other countries. If I stereo typed people in Sweden based on you, I would think they are all "Morons". I know that people from Sweden are not, So i cannot base that assumption on him. As for using a gun to settle a problem other than defense of someones life, I would never do it. However if someone did that to my kid I would not hesitate to go over and stomp a mudhole in his a**. Just my 2 cents.[>:][>:]
Old 04-01-2006, 04:42 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Probably upset that he owns a flying field which is AMA and the kid wouldn't join it.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:06 PM
alex k

I had a friend who decided to play a joke with a bb gun and shot my super decathlon autographed by mark leesburgh, (it only put a tiny hole through the wing) but this dude is wacked to take a 12 guage to a rc plane
Old 04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
flyernater

if i was that man i would just make a complante . is that so hard to do ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.