Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Lanier Razor goes in

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Lanier Razor goes in

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
BaronSchwab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Razor goes in

Well after a long break from big accidents, I finally dumped one yesterday. I had just finished a Razor from Lanier and it went out for its first flight. That thing has huge throws. I programmed my radio and set Dual Rates and some Expo. Start it up, range check, all good. Taxy out with the media following and 5 co-pilots. Thumbs up! Take off, climb out, no problem. 50' off the deck throw full left aileron .2 seconds later it completed 360 degrees. I went "wow." I was really touchy, even I was freeking. Well I finally figured out that I was on hight rates. So I flipped to low rates which I had set to 55%. There was still a lot of elevator throw. I flew it around, rolls, snaps, loops, knife edge, harriers, hovering. It performed really well. Then there was the attempt at a parachute. Went straight down and at 50' I pulled up. Hard. Too Hard. It snapped over and was a real mess. I almost had it but I saw that if I flew it out I would be heading right into a tree in the pit area. There were people over there, so instead of putting them in danger I allowed the plane to do a one point on the nose. Well the pictures tell the rest. Picking up the wreackage, I was looking for both prop halfs. I found them 15 feet away. I also found the divet over there. Now it is back on the bench. It will fly again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76419.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	477106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89080.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	477107  
Old 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM
bbbair

Default RE: Lanier Razor goes in

A sad loss, but a good call.

Better to loose a great AC than injure someone.

Well Done.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:33 PM
flybug

Default RE: Lanier Razor goes in

Sorry to see her go down that way but I am sure you will have her up in the air in no time.