Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Cub Blooper/video

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Cub Blooper/video

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cub Blooper/video

Throttle servo tray came loose.... http://home.dc.rr.com/maurie/Cub1.wmv
Old 09-03-2006, 01:54 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Cub Blooper/video

Did he leave the wing tube out? the landing was a bit hard... it sure didn't look THAT HARD[X(] One of the guy's I fly with had his throttle servo mount break free 2 weeks ago... nothing like flying WFO until it runs out of fuel

John
Old 09-03-2006, 02:11 PM
airbatic

CrashPro,

A very good crash. We've all had one at least. Get out the glue and rebuild.

Kraus
Old 09-03-2006, 09:16 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why does that field look so familar??? I think I've seen about 20 crashes from that same site..........I think your field is haunted!!!![X(]
Old 09-03-2006, 09:37 PM
CrashPro

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

Why does that field look so familar??? I think I've seen about 20 crashes from that same site..........I think your field is haunted!!!![X(]

WOW!!...you've seen a whole 20 crashes from that same site?...big woop de doo......considering the fact that I've got literally hundreds and hundreds of succesful flights and landings from 'that same site' on video. As I've said many a time in the past RC maniac,...its a busy field,...and if I'm not flying, I'm videoing. If there was a 'perfect flight' forum here in RC Universe, I'd have hours and hours of video to put in that forum, as it is,..this is the 'Crash pictures and discussions' forum,...so thats what you get here,...crashes...ya get it?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:23 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Why does that field look so familar??? I think I've seen about 20 crashes from that same site..........I think your field is haunted!!!!
Look's like a lot of BUSY fields to me... the North field and to a lesser extent Bennet Field here in Vegas have many crashes EVERY WEEKEND... why? when you get 30 guy's deep in the pit's 6-7 guy's up at once... Poo happens Biggest difference... we don't have a crashpro catching us on Vid

John

Crashpro... the wing tube remark was in jest... seriously it didn't look like that hard of a pancake in the vid... any idea why the wing sheared off like it did?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:17 PM
CrashPro

All I know is the wing bolts were lying on the runway when we walked out there to retrieve the plane,...stripped the wooden threads...pulled em right out.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:34 AM
camdyson

Personally, I'd use all 4 screw mounts on the elevator servo next time too......
Old 09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: CrashPro

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

WOW!!...you've seen a whole 20 crashes from that same site?...big woop de doo......considering the fact that I've got literally hundreds and hundreds of succesful flights and landings from 'that same site' on video. As I've said many a time in the past RC maniac,...its a busy field,...and if I'm not flying, I'm videoing. If there was a 'perfect flight' forum here in RC Universe, I'd have hours and hours of video to put in that forum, as it is,..this is the 'Crash pictures and discussions' forum,...so thats what you get here,...crashes...ya get it?

Man crashpro, chill out. He was only making a joking statement. Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Flak

CrashPro,
Awesome...Keep 'em coming dude. We love watching them. On the sober side, your videos do a great job in showing others what not to do.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
airbatic

AMA234,

To refine your Newton law speel, they do come down in one piece. It's when they hit the ground do they break into more than one piece.

Let's be more exacting in future shall we? Hmmm.....?!

Kraus
Old 09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
rjm1982

If you want to be exact, the plane broke in air, interally as it was...it was still not 1 solid peice anymore =)
Old 09-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Mr67Stang

Now its a clipped wing low rider... Seriously though it looks like he was fighting to get back to the paved runway and flared it out to high and just pancaked in. I don't think the wing should have snapped unless it had a week spot. Was this Kit built?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:08 AM
airbatic

Ah ha!

I did not know that. Did you you know that Ed?

Yesss!

Kraus
Old 09-07-2006, 09:26 AM
CrashPro

ORIGINAL: Mr67Stang

Now its a clipped wing low rider... Seriously though it looks like he was fighting to get back to the paved runway and flared it out to high and just pancaked in. I don't think the wing should have snapped unless it had a week spot. Was this Kit built?
yea....kit built.....pilot bought it from someone....don't know the brand.....no wing tube....just a couple of dowels and screws holding the wings on.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:06 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: airbatic

AMA234,

To refine your Newton law speel, they do come down in one piece. It's when they hit the ground do they break into more than one piece.

Let's be more exacting in future shall we? Hmmm.....?!

Kraus
LMAO!!