Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 midair

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Hanger 9 midair

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:55 PM
STD^randomhero
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 midair

i was out at the feild "church parkin lot : }" and my freind Allen and his bro were doin dog fights and had a mid air with the .60 mustang and the hellcat. it was a sad loss. both were total losses. hell cat almost mad it in but on approach the wing failed and she went in.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hanger 9 midair

Hey Zach, I have talked to you on the phone. If you and your buddies need some more room there is an club feild withing 8 miles of you. I will be out there probably today and Saturday weather permitting. Flying is so much easier when you not dodging trees and steaples.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:45 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

OK, they were having a "Dog Fight" , they collided and crashed. That's why it's called a "Dog Fight".
Old 10-06-2006, 07:12 AM
STD^randomhero
Banned

we were having a dog fight. but we wernt planing on tearing anything up : } h9 planes are nice ones. not those lil spad things you guys dog fiht with,

and stang whats the name of that flying feild you go to? and if it has a web site what is it? i wanna go check it out. im gonna maiden my p-51 this weekend and i want some space to do it in.
thanks
zach
Old 10-07-2006, 10:56 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Good story in that it brought memories back to when I took on a Mustang and a Spitfire when I was flying an Me-109. The dogfight ensued with the judge saying your shot down if you can get on an opponents tail for five seconds. I had a pumped Pro 46 in my plane and it screamed. The Stang developed engine trouble so I downed him rather nicely but the Spit driver was equally matched and he watched my tactics. On the last jink I used to swap to his tail before he anticipated and turned into me.
He raked my fuselage with his prop and cut off my fin and rudder and I lost 1/2 stab. The plane begins spinning out of control and I full throttled it. The long fuselage acted like a fin and I was able to land the plane in the tall grass and saved the airframe to be repaired and fly again. It was fun especially when the spit pilot asked me to autograph his kill marking.