Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

stick it got stuck

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

stick it got stuck

Old 01-20-2003, 02:40 AM
tazc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stick it got stuck

Well i hate to post but the first of the year happened. Flying a stickit that belongs to a friend and afer both of us had made numerous fllights and landings with me at the controls gave it full throttle should have been headed straight up in ten feet or less but it didnt lift hit a rough spot in the field and bounced up and nosed over at full throttle.It litterally exploded on impact only the radio and engine survived.Post mortum it appears that the elevator control horn was old and brittle and broke before takeoff or during takeoff.I feel even worse since it wasnt my plane but I have the same plane in the recovering stage due to old covering so i am giving him that one to replace his.Moral being always check clevises and control horns as they become weak and brittle with age and the extreme cold weather couldnt have helped either.all planes have a expiration date i just wish i knew when that was.air speed ,altitude,and ideas got to have at least two of the three.Have fun guys and keep them flying
Old 01-20-2003, 03:01 AM
phayd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stick it got stuck

It sounds to me like he wasn't making regular maintenance checks on his plane. This isn't your fault, so you should not have to replace it for him.