Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Top Flite DC-3 Robart retract actuator?

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Top Flite DC-3 Robart retract actuator?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:59 AM
deltatech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite DC-3 Robart retract actuator?

I crashed my Top Flite DC-3 a few weeks ago and was getting it ready to go after most of the repairs were done. I found that the left retract cylinder push rod has striped clean out of the actuator. The threads are bare - I can put a control rod in and get about one turn of good thread before it bottoms out. Is there a way to fix this? It looks like I can drill it out and tap it for a 4/40 control rod, or I can just lock tight a control rod in. I have read about this before but I don't remember what people did about it "aside from buying a new one". Thanks for any input.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Top Flite DC-3 Robart retract actuator?

You have a lot of damage riding on the correct operation of the gear. Many people ARE do it yourselfers but when it comes to critical components, the manufacturer knows best. If it were me, I would send it back to robart for repairs.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:53 PM
manks7477

I think you have to weigh the cost of a replacement / formal repair vs a do it yourself repair and the risk of a malfunction causing a crash.

In my opinion you have a very nice plane there and I would replace the entire part.

Just my $.02
Old 11-07-2006, 01:30 PM
sonsight
My Feedback: (1)

Good Advise guys!