Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Bamboozler goes in HARD

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Bamboozler goes in HARD

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 AM
driedjello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bamboozler goes in HARD

I must say it was the most violent crash I have ever witnessed.

Doing violent maneuvers I was most concerned about folding up the wings. I didn't even think about the battery breaking free and disconnecting. I was level in a 30 degree dive with the balls to the wind when my plane lost all responsiveness. I just got to sit back and watch the mushroom cloud as she kissed the ground at over 100 mph.

In Life:

In Death:

Old 11-20-2006, 12:45 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Bamboozler goes in HARD

yowsa! that was a violent one! looks like your pilot tried to break the side glass of the cockpit to get out!

After I just bought some overpriced rotating retracts ......I am at least glad to see that one of yours survived the gravity and dive velocity terminal plunge to the brink of rekittingdom! !

wow, that sentence took all my energy!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:53 AM
andrew66

thats gotta hurt!
sorry to see that one go in I always hate to see a plane like that go in...
i guess you didnt see the zero on your tail.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep! Only have to do that once. Now I tie the connectors together with kite string. Thats a sick feeling aint it!
Edwin
Old 11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

DJ,
I believe you were Bamboozled!!! Well, at least it was an ARF, so there wasn't a lot of lost building time. I once lost a TF F4U Corsair after doing touch and goes. The battery came loose, (velcroed in) shifted rearward. All was fine until the engine died, CG changed, Corsair died too. I now build a battery holder into my planes when I build them. A loose battery is a sure invitation to disaster sooner or later. Good luck on the next one.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 AM
driedjello

ORIGINAL: foodstick

yowsa! that was a violent one! looks like your pilot tried to break the side glass of the cockpit to get out!

After I just bought some overpriced rotating retracts ......I am at least glad to see that one of yours survived the gravity and dive velocity terminal plunge to the brink of rekittingdom! !

wow, that sentence took all my energy!
Yeah, maybe I should try to rebuild from these parts. The only trick will be how much elevator and ailerons to use if I only have one landing wheel!