Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

first crash in about 3 years.

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

first crash in about 3 years.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Rcpwnage
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first crash in about 3 years.

i got one of those h9 pulse xt's and was out for the maiden. it had snowed about 3 days before(i live in CO) so there was a litle snow on the ground. but it was good enough to get in the air and land. so i got it up and about 3 min's in i was flying inverted and well of course the motor died...
i was to low so by the time i would have spun it i would have cliped the wing on the ground. so i pushed the stick and landed upside down. broke the ruder off. but it will be fine.
i guess u can call that a crash. (anything that makes me work on um is a crash to me)
Old 12-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: first crash in about 3 years.

You are hereby cited for violation of Maiden Flight Rules & Regulation paragraph 2 item 2.3 that clearly states; "The plane shall not be flown inverted at an altitude of less then 20 ft AGL on it's maiden flight."[>:] Just kidding of course. Good thinking not trying to roll her back over as cartwheeled planes are much harder to repair. The above stated rule is just a rule of thumb that I use as I am a nervous maiden flight flyer.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Pilots12

Do you fly at Arvada?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Rcpwnage
Banned

well i did the hol maidn flight deal. trimed it up, motor was runing great. it had about a 3/4 of a tank left. i fixed it about an hour ago. and u cant even tell anything happend. luckly there was no one at the feild with me [>:] i hate sharing the embarisment with all my rc buddies.
oh well she well fly agian!!!

ps: no i dont i fly at a school football feild
Old 12-06-2006, 08:54 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

MR67, THAT WAS A FUNNY COMMENT !!! . It take's a helluva lot to make me crack up, but that did it. . Seeya, MM