Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

sky king I ain't

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

sky king I ain't

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2003, 11:45 AM
cmarsden
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sky king I ain't

About 40 years ago decided that these little planes look like fun. I built a Royal Couchman and went to the local flying field. I thought that if I could fly a "real" plane then this is easy. Got her started and no one there to help and away she goes. Well about this time I realized that it is a very differant thing to sit in one and control it and to just watch one and try to figure out how to control it. All my desktop practice came into play as it started to chase me, my wife and my kids all pover the place. Meanwhile Sky King (thats me) ws getting a little excited and the family had jumped back into the car (brand new olds) to see if they could avoid getting hit by this out of control monster. Long story short, it took several hundred to fix the dent in the car and a long time to fix my ego.
Sequel to story, a future life long friend shows up asks me one day if I needed help and by now my 3rd or 4th couchman (looking pretty shaby) wqas begging me not to fly her so I said sure. Long story again, he taught me how to fly and one day I repayed him as he was flying his beautiful pattern ship of several months i the making. My little Royal Couchman and his pretty bird had a midair and guess which one survived?