Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Super Cub Crash :D

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Super Cub Crash :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
m0ng00se

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Cub Crash :D

Finally crashed my super cub. Tried some inverted flight, and pulled down hoping to go up, but it decided to dive. By this time, i sorta lost orintation, but found the ground. Probably a 50 feet nose dive.

Main damage was to the cowl, which is now in a thousand pieces in a hole in the ground. Wing is repairable, if my CA would work :S Might try super glue later, since CA isnt bonding. Also, servos were jolted out of their position and stabbed into the right side of the fuse. No real bad damage there either. Just hope the prop shaft isnt bent... Motor seems to be pointing to the right a lot. [&:]

[>:]

Doesnt look as bad as it really is, but, i dont have room to complain

Btw, is it flyable without a cowl on it? Or should i look into getting a new cowl...?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
stinger40

Default RE: Super Cub Crash :D

Holy crap! Nice Job! [8D][sm=thumbup.gif] Seriously, though, sorry about the plane.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
m0ng00se

Lol. Thanks. It was actually pretty funny, because i saw it go all kamikaze and then stab into the ground. About half a second later i heard "Crack!". Lol....maybe it wasnt a full half second, but it seemed like it.

Wing is downstairs bonding with some glue. Servos are back in place. Cowl....well, i need to buy a new one
Old 01-25-2007, 09:34 PM
stinger40

Yeah, it happens fast. I've lost my Mini Funtana and my E-Flite Yak..... in less than a week. I lost my Yak by way of the elevator servo go bad.[] Man, I miss this plane. [] Anyway, you did a nice job of planting an airplane. [8D] Hopefully, little Super Cubs will start blooming. It looks repairable. That's what foamies are, anyway.

Foamies - Noun - Little foam RC airplanes that are easy to build and some are easy to fly. Most are 3D capable. When crashed, a little epoxy or Foam-Safe CA will repair it quickly. Price range may vary.

S40
Old 01-26-2007, 02:46 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need no stinkin cowl!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Trundle

Nice crash!

note: most super glues are in fact CA.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:38 AM
m0ng00se

Lol. Thanks for the comments guys. The wing is downstairs, in once piece now I didnt think i would have to have a cowl, although it helps the appearance of the plane a lot, and the aerodynamics as well i'm sure.

And on another note, the CA didnt work on the wing. It never bonded even after 2 hours. So, i put on some super glue, and, taadaa. Wing in one piece.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:58 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Next time try Gorilla Glue. Its perfect for foam repair. Follow the instructions (glue on one surface, dampen the other), fit them together, and "clamp it together" with masking tape across the joint. The glue will foam and expand to fill any gaps, and will be stronger than the original foam. Super Glues tend to have solvents in them that attack the foam (unless you use the expensive foam safe versions). They also don't expand the way GG does, and leave lots of gaps that make for a very weak joint.

Brad
Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM
VictoryRoll-91

Yeah gorilla glue all the way.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 AM
mmcnab

Was wondering if u guys are useing the accelerator with your CA? You can snap wing in half, throw some CA on it, hit with the accelerator and your back in the air in about total of minute and half. Bonds instantly!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:04 PM
sonymaster20

when i had some styro gliders way way back in the day, i used some elmers glue to hold them together. it actually held better than the stryofoam its self (meaning it would always break in other places and never on the same spot ) hope all turns out well