Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Totaled my GWS Slow Stick!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Totaled my GWS Slow Stick!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totaled my GWS Slow Stick!

Yerterday at the flying field, I had THREE crashes before "stupid me" realized that it ain't me that caused the crash. First flight, I flew for 5 minutes then suddenly the plane went into a nose dive. After looking at the plane, I noticed that the back plastic plate of the elevator control horn was missing so I thought that it came off in flight and that caused the nose dive. After reglueing the spare back plate, I flew for few mintutes then it nose dived again! My flying buddies told me that it must be my fingers and I thought to myself the same thing..." I may have turned into the wind and there was unexpected wind gust". Then after changing out prop, the third flight went OK for 10 minutes and then at 15 feet up, the plane went FULL BORE into the ground TOTALLING the plane! THREE IDENTICAL crashes ( all nose dive) and now I believe that it must be radio hit because it is pretty hard to crash a SS unless you forced it or radio hit. I was flying the Multiplex Evo 9 and that's it. I tossed away the radio and now I will fly nothing but the Spectrum. Stupid me. DP
Old 01-29-2007, 07:57 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Default RE: Totaled my GWS Slow Stick!

your flying buddies probably shot you down.......[sm=lol.gif] anyways sorry for the loss...........you can buy a new one for $20 right?

Tony
Old 01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good move going to the Spektrum. You won't regret it.

DS.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Dai Phan

Thanks. I have been flying the Spectrum on my two other planes since I am still waiting for additional recievers for other planes. Since I have 6 large scale warbirds (65" plus), I am changing to DX7. I am selling my DX6 transmitter /charger only (1 month old) for 100.00 if anyone is interested. DP
Old 01-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dai Phan

...went FULL BORE into the ground TOTALLING the plane!
I didn't even think it was possible to cause that much damage to a SS. You should get some sort of prize!

I sure hope it wasn't your 'buddies'. That doesn't seem very funny to me.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Dai Phan

You darn tooting that it is hard to total the SS but it did happened. Motor is shot, tail and rudder ripped out of the tube, gear is bent and the servo mount is ripped out of the servos. Since they don't make spare parts and the whole new kit is only 30 bucks, I bought another one and my new SS only has the CF fuse as its original part. DP