Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

one bad day

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

one bad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 05:10 AM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: one bad day

Scott,

I know a few people that have had the Tribute and it is about the lowest quality 3d there is. In my previous post I mentioned several much better ARF's. You might be a good pilot because of your age but it doesn't hurt to listen to other people either. If you ever want to progress up to planes like my Chip Hyde Vision with DA-50 you will take some of my advice. Otherwise stick to your OS 46 and Tribute and have at it. Remember, you are the one that asked for suggestions, what you should have said is that some guy trashed my Tribute and I am going to buy another, end of story. Good Luck.

R/C Foolish
Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

I wonder if you can write the AMA with your story and his phone number to identify the man. I bet you can get his AMA revoked for that behavior. It is definitely against the AMA safety code. That airplane being interfered with on purpose could have injured someone. Call or Write the AMA. I bet their influence may help with your plane replacement in pressuring this person.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:42 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i wasnt planing on buying another tribute. but thats about all i can afford. all the sugestions i looked at and considered them all. and if i had the cash i would love to get the fusion.

And as far as AMA i am going to take your idea and im going to write them a email. should i put a link to this forums in the email?
scott
Old 04-23-2007, 06:26 PM
danny31292

All i can say is wow. I'm only 15 and if that happened to me i would pissed beyond belief. This guy is really a jerk. Even if you did shoot him down intentionally and you were the biggest jerk at the field, nothing that you could do should merit this kind of behavior. Both of us know that money doesnt grow on trees. I just crashed my favorite plane and was annoyed i would have to wait awhile to buy a new one and it was my fault that it crashed. I ended up getting a free dazzler that needed to be covered. To bad you dont have a back up plane. If i were you i would build a profile. I'm gonna build a mojo. Other good ones are the omp profiles, funtanas, ucando, model tech magic. I know all you can afford is a tribune but i would really wait to get the best plane you can afford. Skipping a month's worth of flying wont hurt and maybe you can have a better flying plane after working your tail off. This is what i'm doing. Sorry about you incident. Like everyone else said, get him kicked out or switch fields. This is unacceptable. but make sure you be the better man.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:04 PM
-EXTRA-

dang dude that really sux get a funstar heard there pretty good 3-d planes and cheap like 99 bux and a 46 should fly it fine...guy on here Tony has one.go look at the very bad luck thread
Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

wow. that is one lucky kid. i went out to the field to continue trying to teach my friend eric how to fly. the guy who shot me down wasnt there. and me being the youngest member at the field, no one really took me seriously when i tried to spred the word about the guy who shot me down. if i would of been at fault for his crash i would of worked/sold or do w/e i had to to repay him. but theres just no way. i was on the other side of the pits, talkin to another member about erics p-51. and he crashed. once he crashed i waited for him to get off the field and thats when he asked about channel 51. so im sure i didnt do it.
as far as kits. i would love to get back into buildin kits but its just to time consuming.
i have 150 now but i relized im goin to have to replace my reciever. im selling alot of stuff right now including my radio. maybe if i can sell this stuff i can get a cheap basic radio. i only need 4 channels. and a new nicer quality plane. atleast my motor is still in working condition.
scott
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i made an offer of $100 buxs on this http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=282776
if he accepts that offer i might have enough left to afford a rx!
then i wont have to sell my radio or my motor. if anyone has a high band jr rx they could spare. i would be willing to pay for it.
scott
Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 PM
-EXTRA-

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEDP0&P=ML

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDUL8&P=ML

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBGB0&P=ML

http://www.nitroplanes.com/ca343arfraco.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/acrof3d50.html

http://www.nitroplanes.com/sports.html

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMFU5**&P=7
Old 04-23-2007, 11:51 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

man. that was alot of links. lol i made an offer on a ucdo3d 46. if he accepts my offer that rx will deff be the way i go.
scott
Old 04-23-2007, 11:56 PM
-EXTRA-

good i really hope you get that UCD is a really good plane,i got a showtime 50 i still gotta put togehter :'(
Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

if he accepts my offer of 100. i should have just enough for the rx.
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

anybody have one of these? http://nitroplanes.com/yeru4661niga.html
if so wuts the quality like?
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 01:30 AM
76birdman

Scott,

I sincerely hope that you will continue helping your friend learn how to fly R/C.
As far as the guy who shot you down goes, I would suggest that you find him and offer to buy him a cup of coffee, or whatever he would like. Take the time to understand why an adult (you did say he was an adult) would act in such a manner. There are people in this world who are simply jerks, for the lack of a better word. There are also the overwhelming majority which are nice people.

Keep up the good work Scott,

Eric M.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

well i havnt seen him arround. i wasnt as angry when it happend as i am today. he was sure that the "kids" shot him down. i tried to talk to him. he just blew me off. i appoligized for nothing idk how many times. only reason i could think of why he would act like that... well i just dont know man. im pretty good friends with the manager of the park. he said if he saw him he would speak to him about what happend. he only looked like he was 35-30. but to a 16 y/o kid thats and adult figure.
my dads says i should just give up on r/c. that its childish. but i just cant. rc is my love, have been flying for a long time. well not compared to some rc'ers. but for my age i started at about 8 or 9. with a trainer that i bought for 00 buxs from my buddy allen. he halped me out alot geting into the hobby.
if no ones buys my adds i have set and the guy dosnt accept my offer of 100 buxs for the ucdo3d 46. then i hate to say it but i think im done for rc. being so young people at the field dont really take you seriously.
hopefully someone will buy another of my adds. and i can get a rx, and still be able to afford a new plane.
i wish i could find a used ucd3d 46 for like 75 buxs. but its just hard to ship a used plane cause the tails already attached.
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

as far as teaching eric. as long as he dosnt lose intrest i will teach him. he has a p-51 and i dont have a budy cord. so landngs are a bit sketchy. and hes gone threw 3 landing gear.
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 06:15 AM
danny31292

DO not quit. I know but that one guy like that can really ruin it. But this is a great hobby. Everyone else is great. Once you really get into it i cant see any reason to quite or wants to. The only thing that i think could draw people away from the hobby is people like that or your club. Try another club. I'm 15 and even though i'm hte youngest by far i still love the people. Plus is sounds like you have young friends in the hobby. I would die for that. Keep with it. Try a diff. club and b rin you friends too. If you are going with a 3d plane i really think you need a computer radio. I'd say if you are sure you want to stick with it buy a better radio or keep the one you have( not sure what you had or if its sold). By the way how far did you get along with 3d. Getting to hover or beyond that. I crashed my favorite plane just when i was learning to hover. I still want to get into the air so bad. What really ticked me off was having my brand new ep plane fry a few days after my birthday. So now my new plane is down and so is my only other 3d plane and i still owed money from the ep plane. That was discouraging too. I really dont want you to quit. Try all you can to get back in the air.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 AM
wingman1970

Thats mesed up sound like the guy was not a very good pilot and crashed and needed some one to blame it on .There not much you can do but report it to you club pres and get the guy kick of the feild [:-]
Old 04-24-2007, 07:14 AM
R/C Foolish

RC3D,

You never answered the questions but are you a member of a club and flying at a regular club field? Or are you just flying in a park or open field?

R/C Foolish
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM
-EXTRA-

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=267558

try that if the UCD offer dont go through,but dont get out of R/C not even as a last resort it's to fun to get out

1000 post
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

that plane is pretty sweat. anyone have one?
as far as the club. it is a r/c club. but it costs 50 buxs to join and i cant afford. but i have befriended most if not all of the "leaders".
the older members have no problem because i fallow all the rules. and a few helped me out while i was learning to land.
i got hovering down pretty good now. i watch others people do stuff before i try it. that helps me learn alot.
ill try and take a video on rc sim.
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
R/C Foolish

Do you belong to AMA? Let me guess, it costs too much. I think you need to grow up and stop crying about what you can't afford. Join AMA and your local club like everybody else does.

R/C Foolish
Old 04-24-2007, 11:53 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i am a member of AMA. look man not everyones can afford all the ***** you can. and if you wanna be a jack***** then just dont post here. ok?
i didnt start anything with you. when your 16 w/o a job you have NO income, what money you do get you dont put to a membership at a field. all that gets me is. hell i dont even know what that gets me. but 50 buxs could get me gas, props, fairly important stuff.
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
-EXTRA-

yea..lay off the kid he's trying his best..he's not beggin people to buy him a new plane or anything he's makin the money his own way to purchase a new one..i think it's pretty cool how the people let him be a part of there club seem's fine to me and he has his AMA so that about cover's everything but the plane,scott im also younge in flying(15) i know how it is to try and get the money to fund your hobby just keep at it trust me you will get there and you will be proud you didnt give up..i mow lawn's around my neighborhood mabey you could try that.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:53 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

thanks extra. i live in an apt in CO so the lawn thing wont work. lol in co there are no yards. all the houses are about a foot away from the next one.
and as far as begging for a new plane that would be rediculous. its none of you guys fault that i got shot down. i got a call from bob and he offered me a funtana 40 that he crashed. the fuse is pretty bad he says. but i figure if i can get that rebuilt my os 46 fx will power it?
scott
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
TruBlu02

Not really sure what the RCFoolish guy's problem is either. Cut the kid a break and quit posting here i you are going to be an *****. Look man far as that d!ck that shot down your plane goes there is not much you can do other than reporting it to the AMA and running up the chain of command at your club. I applaud your determination to stay in the hobby. It can get expensive, trust me! When i decided to get back into RC I wanted to stay cheap and now I am back up to 4 planes!!! The best advice I can give you for flying on a budget is Simple Plastic Aircraft Design (SPAD). I have two of them and I love them. They are extremly cheap and almost indestructible. go to www.spadtothbone.com and all the plans and info you may need is there. There is also a forum here as well. There are several designs for 3D aicraft That are simple to build and you can cartwheel them down the runway all you want. Dust it off and take off again. Good luck man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.