Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

one bad day

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

one bad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:09 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one bad day

yesterday i went flying with two of my buddys. im trying to teach eric (one of my friends) to fly. i Had a h9 tribute with a os 46. and he had a h9 p-51 pts. it was to windy to fly the p-51 so we stuck to mine. got my pin with my freq # on it. flew arround landed then waited for the airspace to clear up a bit. i started talking to another pilot at the feild. and i hear behind me a plane go in the ground. when the guy walked back with his peaces he says. anyone else on 51? and of course im on 51. but my radio was off and i had my pin.
he gets all pissed at me thinking i shot him down. even thogh i was no were near my radio, and it was off. it was very windy and he was landing. so i think he just planted it in the ground. but he was sure it was me. i waited for him to leave cause i didnt want him to mess with me in the air. he leaves so i go back up, after a few mins of flight i get hit. then i lose all control... it flat spins into the ground about a half mile away. as me and my buddy eric are runing after my plane the guy who crashed came out from behind a hill and gets in his truck and drives away. i asked my dad what i could do to make this guy pay for my plane but he said there was nothing i could do. i have his phone # cause he lost his phone and i called it so he could find it.
im only 16 and theres no way i can afford a new plane.
does anyone know how i can make this guy pay for what he did?
i tested my radio gear and it seems to be ok. but the receiver has a nasty crack on it.
and the servo arms cracked so idk how good my servos are.
any ideas?
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: one bad day

Are you guy's part of a club or do you just fly at a generic field? I only fly at Club fields and what this guy did was just wrong. Even if you did cause his problem that kind of behaviour should not be allowed. Spread the word about that guy.

R/C Foolish
Old 04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
gilbertfh
My Feedback: (5)

All I can say is report the guy to the club officers and if there is a pattern of behavior it should get him kicked out of the club. If there is no established club then there is not much you can do except find somewhere else to fly or change channels so he can't mess with you anymore. No matter what your hobby is there are going to be people who can't take responsibility for their own mistakes and have to ruin others good times. Dont' let them ruin it for you.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:55 PM
meaden

If you had the freq pin and he went flying without checking the board I'd say it's his fault no matter how his crash happened. The time to ask "anyone else on 51?" is before you go flying!

If he shot you down intentionally I don't think you have much choice but to be the better person. And chalk it up to a thoughtless, selfish, immature individual.

I would do what R/C Foolish said and spread the word. An if need be just leave the field when he shows up.

I stopped by a pattern contest this morning at a neighboring field with my gear because I was going to my regular field later. An I took the crystal out of my transmitter!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i kinda relized there was nothing i could do. its just he was so sure that i shot him down. he put anyone at risk were my plane landed. if it would of hit someone or damaged any prperty. it would of been my fault. i have had my tribute sence they came out. i got it like a week after it came out online. and now im grounded. my motor is good. and my dad says the receiver should be fine. anyone know of a cheap 3d arf? must fit a os 46.
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM
JasonInAugusta

It's for reasons like this that I fly on 2.4Ghz.

Nobody to blame but myself when I send one in.

I also don't have to search for freq clips. [8D]
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 PM
edberg

Ugh, this pisses me off so much. Especialy on such a younger flyer, money isn't easy to come by at this age.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:01 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i have decided to sell my e-maxx that i got for my birthday last year to fund a new plane. see my adds if your intrested.
i would be interested in trading for a nib or used. 40 size 3d. or ill sell it for 100-130. just tryin to get enough to buy a new plane. im thinkin another tribute is about as cheap as i can go?
anyone know any other cheap good quality 3d arfs?
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

heres a pic of whats left.
if anyone needs some spare parts. i got most of the fuse, from about mid wing back. and half a wing. dont know if this can help anyone.
scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89356.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	669498  
Old 04-21-2007, 09:15 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

Don't know if you like profiles... But this is one of the better 40 size planes I've seen. If you have any doubts.. check out the video .

[link=http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/67fusion/jeskyfusion1.wmv]Fusion video[/link]

[link=http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/52fusionarf/]http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/52fusionarf/[/link]

And "one bad day" is a slight understatment.... Im 18 and I know what you mean about being in a cruch for money. Shooting you down on purpose was completly out of line.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:18 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i cant afford something like that. and it says it takes a 90 size motor. i only got a 46 fx.
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 PM
ArmedZagi
My Feedback: (1)

That was the 90 size in the video... the link is for the .40 size. Its $139
Old 04-21-2007, 09:37 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

unless this i sell one of my adds. i cant afford that still. i would love to get a ucando3d 46. but would a 46 fx have enough power?
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

i just found this arf. anyone have one or know of the quality? http://www.lanierrc.com/lrcprivate/r...es/radical.htm
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a Hanger 9 Twist , Greatplanes Dazzler or Towers Uproar ?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:39 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

dazler and uproar are not 3d planes. and i would love to have a twist. ill keep that one in mind. anyone know how a os 46 fx would power a twist?
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a freind that has a Twist with an OS 46 and runs a 12x3.75 prop . Flys it very well.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

now just to sell some add's and i can start lookin for real to get one. untill i get some money im just looking.
so someone buy one of my adds!!! lol
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 10:56 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

SOLD AN ADD!!! now i got 150 buxs to work with. i would like to still go cheap so i can afford gas. almost 3 buxs a gallon here now. (CO)
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Not that you can't but the 46 OS is not the best 3d motor. You want a 4 stroke so that you can spin a bigger/wider prop. Like a 14x4W on a Saito 72 or a 15x4W on the 82. These are good motors for any 40 size 3d or profile plane. You could go with a Seagull Harrier 46, Funtana 50X, Showtime 50 or any number of profiles; Katana V2, BadBoy, TMPro. These a just a few, this hobby is not for people short on cash. You get what you pay for, you also are going to want to have good digital servos that are both fast and strong enough, not just standard servos. I don't mean any disrespect but I have been doing this for a while and the guy's that don't do their homework and don't save their money, struggle the most.

R/C Foolish
Old 04-21-2007, 11:27 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

well i have been flyin for 6 years now. and actually one of the main guys out at are feild says im the best at my age at our feild. i had my 46 on the tribute and it had enough power to pull out of a hover. and do everything i knew how to. if i can ill make a video on real flight. i have a decent radio and the 46 runs great. im thinkin ill just get another tribute.
scott
Old 04-21-2007, 11:44 PM
carpteach43571

What a rotten way to buy the farm! If it is a club, he should be black-balled; personna non grata.

Get a stack of balsa wood, some CA, and some covering, and get to building a copy of your plane. Dissasemble what is left, and make some patterns, if you don't have full sized plans.

This really would be the cheapest way out, since you can re-use everything but the balsa. Wheels, landing gear, fuel tank, control surfaces linkages, and everything like that can be used again. No need to buy that stuff if it is not broken.

You will come out a better RC'er, with new skills, and perhaps a new found joy of building.

Jim
Old 04-21-2007, 11:49 PM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

Well i used to build kits. this was actually only my second arf. the landing gear snapped om impact. im just gonna buy something new. ill leave the tribute in the garage for a rainy day.
scott
Old 04-22-2007, 12:28 AM
rcluver

Hey RC3,
Look into a World Models Sky Raider Mach 2, only $69.00 plus shipping, your .46 will fly it fine. Go to airbournemodels.com , check it out.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 AM
rc3dprodigy
Banned

not 3d. planes like that just arnt very much fun for me anymore.
scott

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.