Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

U CAN DO IT!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

U CAN DO IT!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
waydown2low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U CAN DO IT!!

Hope everyone had a great forth of July at the flying field. The day held alot of flying and lots of hotdogs to be eatin! We had alot of fun using smoke on our forty size models, will not mention how the smoke was made due to people not agreeing with methods, we just hoped there was not a bang in the end. Only one lost plane, a GP Extra 300 and minor damage on my U CAN DO .46 with Saito .82. I was having to much fun during a 3d flight and ran out of fuel while doing inverted 20' loop from top ( for those that don't understand the loop is started at 20' upright and hard push to ground then back up to upright ) at the bottom at about 4' high, she quit. I was headed down wind inverted 4' high no airspeed wooohooo! Made the decision to land inverted since there was no time to roll upright and did a inverted harrier landing with no power, ended up pulling the hinges out of rudder and putting a dent in canopy ( I attached the canopy with monocoat instead of glue or screws) I think the sealed monocoat canopy took all the impact and prevented any other damage. Just popped the dent out and am getting ready to replace the hinges. Nothing like hearing the crowd behind you say hear goes this plane, such confidence I dont know about everyone else, but I like proving people wrong. I hope nobody lost anything to great this holiday, and still have planes to fly this weekend.

Happy holiday and hope your heads don't hurt to much today.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 PM
LT-40
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: U CAN DO IT!!

I'm glad you had a fun day of flying and that your U Can Do is ok. Unfortunatley I wasn't able to make it out to the field

LT-40
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 PM
waydown2low

Default RE: U CAN DO IT!!

SUCK!!![&o]