Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Supercub Rebuild Questions from a Newb

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Supercub Rebuild Questions from a Newb

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
ArsonDave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercub Rebuild Questions from a Newb

Hi folks! New here to the forums after some lurking, and I am new to RC as well. My name is Dave, and I live in Southern California. We (my son and I) started with a Supercub a few weeks ago, and we just recently bought an F-27c Stryker. In their own way, each plane is a load of fun.

In any event, it looks as if the Cub got shot down last night, which will lead me to some questions. As to what happened, the plane was in a gentle left turn at about 100' and then it just spiraled to the ground. There was no response from the stick while trying to recover.

The damage is pretty significant, and I am looking to rebuild it. The fuse is esentially broken in half, the battery compartment ripped out of the fuse, the wings were nearly cut in half by the rubber bands, and the cowl was ripped in two. Sorry no pics.

It would appear, however, that the motor still works, the shaft is not bent, and the Rx and servos appear to work properly. I have a wing and tail kit, as well as a new cowl, and I am looking to do repairs right away. I only need to purchase a new fuse.

My questions (I am not a model builder so bear with me) are: What should I use to hold the servos in place? HZ appeared to use some type of glue, but it does not appear to be an epoxy. The servos will mount in a recessed area inside the fuse. Am I safe to assume that since the electronics "appear" to be in working order, that they are in fact, okay to use? Or, should any of those be replaced in advance?

If you have any comments or suggestions, please pass them along. Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 PM
zmarshall2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Supercub Rebuild Questions from a Newb

your servos should be fine. but did ne pushrods snap or control horns? if so id dbl check the servos they were conected to.
as for the servos. it should be help on the screws. unless.. is your super cub foam? if so im not sure. try dbl sided tape or packing tape? thats how my typhons were held in. good luck with the rebuild
zach