Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Crashes how many have you had?

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Crashes how many have you had?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:35 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashes how many have you had?

My first official plane crash happened yesterday i have 25 Sucessful flights on my trainer and 10 on my twsit and i maidened my Extra 330L and the servo stripped in flight and i had a belly landing but its repairable. So i have one crash i count so far.

I dont count crashes with parkflyers. If it has gas and crashes then it counts.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Ferocious Frankie
My Feedback: (7)

I've been flying for almost 2 years and I have never crashed and I've only breaked a prop once. I have three planes.

It will eventually happen, but I'm not looking forward to that day!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Bad_Daddy

All of them! Dozens! Some were repairable, some were not. So what?

F.I.F.O. - - Forget It, Fly On!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:56 PM
linkadrip

Seem a little excited there! SO What! Seem a little bent about something! Move on what else is there to do!

F.I.F.O - - Fix It, Fly ON!

Seems like a more positive outlook in my opion!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Captcrunch44

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well the c-crunch stands for capt. crunch. becus i had 44 totle rebuldes in one summer. and i have crashed that meny more times in the past 13 years. it has gotten to the pont were people come to see me fly just to see a good crash. by the way the old club record for crashed airplanes in one summer was 11.
lets see, in radom order over the 15 years i have been flying.
2- astrohogs/4, 5- fazers/1-5, 1- 4-120 bip/3, 1- sportster bip/3, 1- fouler/2, 1- stunt wagon/4, 1- profile p47/1, 1- geewizbee/4, 2- kadet senors/4, 1- cap 232/1, 1- ace extra 230/1, 1- extra 300/1, 1- shfigoen/4, 1- flying wing thing/1, 1- ugly stik/1, 1- profile ege 540/1, 2- somthing extras/3, 1- coristar/6, 1- super stik/2, 4- 1/2a pilon racers/3, 1- 30size extra/1, 1- hots bipe/2, 3- heli/3, 1- ultra stik120/3, 1- easy fly 40/2, 1- hots number two/1, 2- king cobras/3, 1- 4*60/5, and working on a extra 300/1.
some of these flew great and some did not. i did have some over the years that i sold before i crashed them.
i still love to build fly. its not that i'am a bad pilot i just whant too see what they can do. i fly low and fast or low and slow. must of the time its WFO. and up ant always up. c-crunch
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Ryan I.
My Feedback: (4)

The closest thing that I have to a crash is I was flying my trainer one day and had a dead stick; I tried to glide it in but I was too far out. I made a fine landing but unfortunately it was in a tree...stopped on a dime. Plane was fine, just had to patch a hole in the covering on the wing.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
ravensgait

Well I was able to walk away from them all so I guess I've not had any real crashes
My most memorable was an Airabonita that I had BTW low and inverted over the runway, pulled up hard and the tail smacked the ground breaking off just forward of the stabiliser, the rest flipped through the air about 50 time and some how came down on the gear, smashed the gear but it saved the rest of the plane. The tail was a write off, there were three of us there and we just stood staring for a good minute then just busted up laughing. Had it flying again in a month, two months later it made an emergency ditching in Cook inlet never to be seen again.

I'm just getting back into it after a 14 year hiatus and have already put a cub in a tree in the back of our place, getting it down took a couple of days and when if fell it landed on top of some briar's then slipped to the ground.. All was fine till one of my wife's horses just had to check it out and I was lucky to get away with a couple of cracked ribs and some torn covering on the wings. Damage was caused by me running and yelling at the horse who ran over the plane trying to get away from crazed owner. The way I look at it is that if it is going to bother me to crash it I best not fly it lol because I'm likely to crash it or more than likely. Need to work on landings ..Randy
Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
linkadrip

Great story there love that one LMAO horse running from crazed owner priceless.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM
cutaway

100+ You waste a lot of gear flying C/L combat
Old 10-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Captcrunch44

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ha ha ha ha [sm=teeth_smile.gif] thats best story i have herd in a long time.
c-crunch
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Hance

Only three worth mention.
I tried to dive bomb the runway with my slo-v from 100 feet up. I cranked back on the stick and the wings folded up. splat broke wing and fuse.

Let a friend fly my Blade CX2. He gets up 75 feet or so and I tell him back off the throttle just a bit. He cuts the throttle and it bricks in from 75 feet up. 4 broke blades, bent fly bar, bent inner shaft, bent outer shaft, 2 broken landing skids, exploded fuse.

My PT40 slammed into the side of a school bus at work one day stupid thumbs anyway . Ended up with a broken motor mount and a broken tail from that one. Motor mount broke when it hit the bus. The tail broke when it fell out of the bus and landed on the tail when it hit the ground.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Firebird25

Really haven't had the time yet to collect any memorable crashes like some of you. Since June, when I started, have not had the opportunity to gain much stick time, but managed to destroy the NLG of my Tower TH40 a few times, take out a firewall and one time had the Monokote hold together many more parts than the design calls for. Hope to go solo next season with this trainer. I have already, in anticipation of good things to come, built several other planes that are [way ?] beyond my current capabilities. Luckily there's G3.5.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
RC people are gay
Banned

i dont get you people. You fly airplanes that coast a good amount of money and then usually crash them and have to spend a **** load of time either rebuilding it or spending time working so you have enough money to get a new one. seems like you guys are just complete idiots who cant find a hobby that you dont have to drop 100's of dollars often
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Intruder38

Now there's a guy (?) who obviously doesn't have a whole lot going for him. Name me a hobby that will stand up under full-throttle scrutiny; jogging (?), just a lot of energy expended getting nowhere; painting(?), what can you produce that a cheap camera won't do better; gardening(?), take a walk through the fields and see what nature produces when left to its own devices. Bottom line is that some people love to tear down, usually because they cannot create. Jealousy seems to abound here. The bottom line: to each his own. Wonder what "RC People" has for a hobby ... hmmm?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
meaden

ORIGINAL: RC people are gay

i dont get you people. You fly airplanes that coast a good amount of money and then usually crash them and have to spend a **** load of time either rebuilding it or spending time working so you have enough money to get a new one. seems like you guys are just complete idiots who cant find a hobby that you dont have to drop 100's of dollars often
Na...not worth it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 PM
randomhero86
Banned

dont let rc people are happy kill this thread! its funny! i have been flying for about 10 years and crashed more planes than i have owned. i dont know why but everytime i get my hands on someone elses planes something goes wrong. had planes that fly every weekend fall apart on me. had servos strip. had a rx batt die. had a kid i was teaching tear the gear off on a tree(got it down belly landing a 4*120 :}
but my planes i seem to put in due to thumbs. i fly alot of 3d, and sport flying. but i also train people to fly at my field. (why so many people let me fly there planes)
idk. i guess i could of saved that money for a rainy day. but hell.. i cant fly in the rain!!! lol
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ForktailedDevil38

....I made a fine landing but unfortunately it was in a tree...stopped on a dime....
LOL!! I had to laugh at that one
Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 PM
ed_cook1979
My Feedback: (4)

Well, Being a Pro-bro, I Have Doinked planes many times But mostley with minimal damage
Old 12-07-2007, 10:50 AM
porthole200

The only planes that don't crash are the ones that are left at home. Sooner or later they all go in.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:20 PM
scserdarcan

4 times. in one and a half year.
1- Funstar 46 . i cant find top and bottom side. inexperience and trasparent covering
2- Laser 46. Reciever failure.
3- Paragon. Dog fight
4- Katana 50. Lots of wind and acrobatics.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Adui

ORIGINAL: porthole200

The only planes that don't crash are the ones that are left at home. Sooner or later they all go in.
Some would call this a pessimistic point of view..[&o]

Others might just call it realism..[:@]
Old 12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Insanemoondoggie

ORIGINAL: ed_cook1979

Well, Being a Pro-bro, I Have Doinked planes many times But mostley with minimal damage
Whats a Pro-bro ?
Old 12-08-2007, 02:18 PM
nchrome

Been flying since 91 and have crashed a lot of planes. But that doesn't preturb me from flying. Just this year I got to see my F-14 fly off while setting up for a high speed pass down the runway[X(] Talk about feeling helpless I even tryed to give it full down ( of no avail) She made three or four big circles then landed (between two lanes on a highway) about a mile or more away. Luck was with me that day. Then I lost my A-26 setting up for an approach to land. She started to drift towords the pits and just wouldn't bank to the left (getting dangerous now) [X(] So I jus throttled up and dicovered thatI had lost an engine. Snapped right now just missing a guy and his plane. A nervous reck the rest of the day.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
kofi1013

I've been into the hobby for about 5 months now and I have crashed eveything I have flow at least once. Started out with Phantom Firbirds RTF. Broke the fuselage. Graduated to the Super Cub. Supper Gold and accelerator is a GODSEND!!!! I have plowed that thing into runways and simply glued it back together and back in the air. I now fly a T-28. Flying near sunset, when I looked away for a second to take off my sunglasses. The plane went into a dive but landed in a pond. I waded in thigh deep water to get my plane. The speed control and motor fried. I just repaired them both and Im ready to fly ASAP. Crashes have taught me soooo much about planes. It is relaxing and expensive to re-build but part of the hobby/obession. I just learned that having the alierons reversed can cause a crash on take-off. You learn something new each time. I have spent many hours on the Real flight 3.5
Old 12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TODAY? = 0

THIS YEAR?? = 3

GRAND TOTAL??? = 2.873 x 10^3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.