Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

old into new

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

old into new

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:59 PM
mickeymouse23
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old into new

Well here is the story, this plane was my first scrach build and was my long time favorite. Flew it a good number of years but was up to the feild and the elevator bacame none responsive during the flight. damage looked so bad that i put it in the corner not wanting to throw it away but not knowing what to do with it. This was about 7 years ago. So anyways i start looking at it sitting in the corner of the room remembering the good times i had with it and started a plan on rebuilding her. A new wing was in order so in the pics this is allready done. I had built another version to do some mods to it but the wing survived that crash. I had to fix it up a little but not to much. tha plane is called the scorpion from ama plans. here is where i am at to date.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49316.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	775294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18285.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	775295  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
seemefly_1

Default RE: old into new

what did you find out about the elevator
Old 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
mickeymouse23
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: old into new

I had put a metal screw on clevis without backin it up with a nut on both ends. The control rod had unscrewed itself during the last flight. Its a wonder it flew for as long as it did, two whole seasons.