Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Ar your radio's JUNK

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Ar your radio's JUNK

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 PM
Live Wire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ar your radio's JUNK

After all these years of being bash I found out that the modules in the NEW RADIO can loose contact and you will loose your plane[:@] This is something that burns my bunns[:@]
If you have any problems stay on the ground untill you check every thing out[:@]
Man am I Pisst[:@]
Thirty year old plane trashed for a junk radio[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] I am not changing a thing it is some thing that must be looked in to
The Old OLd RC OUT LAW
Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 PM
halfinchwrench

Default RE: Ar your radio's JUNK

I am not sure what you mean by "modules" but when I was using FM and PCM Radios I got hits all the time which is a common thing now depending on your field location. I went to spread spectrum to get away from any potential issues.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Flying freak

Theres alot of info missing iv herd of this happeneing with futaba tx's and spectrum modules... is this what your reffering to i had herd the first batch was a bit small and the module could make less the perfict contact....

Steven
Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Live Wire

That Little black thingy that plugs into the back of you radio, Has 2 prongs to hold it in some time the prong will break off and most likely it will loose contact with the pins[:@] And yes the prong do not have to break off. They say to clean them with some thing to keep them from from getting DIRTY AFTER you pick up the pieces.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Live Wire

You are right about the pins loosing contacked. It just make me mad that I find out about the problem after the fack[:@] The radio is a Challenger 720 work great now after I find out the problem.
If you have any thing that is not right make sure you check this, could save you a ROYAL P 51 or some thing like it

Sorry this sounds like a vent but could save some one a plane.
Computer radios are great it the people that try to operate the with out help.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
cutaway

A dab of hot melt glue will keep connectors together and removes easily.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Stick40

Ive never had any radio problems, but i was flying my u can do 3d really aerobaticly and broke the spring return on the elevator and still made a nice landing!

Stick 40
Old 10-10-2007, 11:50 AM
foxtestpilot

ive got an old futaba did the same thing yesterday i was flying lost battery power for a sec or two it came back i landed....its my own fault probly i have to take my radio apart to quick charge my battery as i have no charger for it ..and i think pulling it apart back and forth is making my pins goofy ???just my thaught.....