Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

The truth will set you free

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

The truth will set you free

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
TruBlu02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The truth will set you free

Never haved stomped a plane but that is not to say I haven't wanted to. I have a Aeroworks .60 size Edge 540 that has been nothing but problem after problem. Engine trouble, build issues, durability problems, etc. I just rebuilt the lower part of the fuse AGAIN and I am trying to decide whether to keep it or not. It looks pretty good still, but I have considered just taking it out to the field and running in to the ground! If anybody wants it let me know before it makes a shallow grave out at our local park.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:18 AM
bluestratos

I use to fly when I was younger and throught the learning curve I recall I would get angry if I lost or damaged a plane. I had a very stress full job so I realized that this was not the hobby for me. I sold everything and took up fishing, lol..
12 years later I have come back to the hobby with a new attitude. I fly for pleasure and realize that some frustration comes with complex machinery. If I have a bad day, I pack it up go home and fix the problem when I feel like it. I recently lost my favorite plane due to a bad battery pack. Total wipe out. I calmly located it, recoverd the wreckage, salvaged the good parts and that was that. I still have a stress full job, and I work more hours than ever before but I am older and better able to deal with things. When I am at the field I really enjoy chatting with my fellow fliers now. If a hobby causes that much frustration, I recommend getting another one, lol.

Randy

Old 10-26-2007, 02:18 PM
stinger40

ORIGINAL: randomhero86

well, idk if this counts, but when i was learning to fly i kicked the tail off my trainer at the field so i glued it back on with zap tock off and the tail fell off and it plowed in the ground... i really thought it would hold!
oh and i droped a transmiter. but only cause my body was life less.. no strength to hold a transmiter. that was when i put my p-51 kit (1st kit) in on its maiden. damn wind!
i got a ucando3d 46 im bout to stomp on! i rebuilt it then my girl friends cats knocked it off the wall and it cracked the ribing leading to the tail and the motor mount broke and my carb broke off a st 61.
RIP!
3 Words: KILL THE CAT
Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 PM
stinger40

ORIGINAL: TruBlu02

Never haved stomped a plane but that is not to say I haven't wanted to. I have a Aeroworks .60 size Edge 540 that has been nothing but problem after problem. Engine trouble, build issues, durability problems, etc. I just rebuilt the lower part of the fuse AGAIN and I am trying to decide whether to keep it or not. It looks pretty good still, but I have considered just taking it out to the field and running in to the ground! If anybody wants it let me know before it makes a shallow grave out at our local park.
How much? Or no cost?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:23 AM
divergoff

I stomped an eflite P-47, I am not one that loves that airplane. Way too fragile and over all construction sucks. Crashed it behind some trees. Took out the electronics stomped the living day lights out of it, threw it in the trash and bought a MUS, best decision I've ever made in R/C.!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
smithth

Well I have to admit that I stomped my 60 size Mustang after many attempts at getting the landing gear not to collapse on landing. Made me feel better to do it at the time but that was 5 years ago. Not sure if I would do it again.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[X(][X(][:@][:@][X(]

S..S.S.s.stomp an airplane because I screwed up??

Well I suppose if I was rich I might be tempted, but the minor damage my plane got from a stall on takeoff, (Engine died.. wing stalled.. plane nosed in from 10' up.. lost front landing gear) made me ill.. The time I got stupid and crashed it taking off the firewall made me positively sick..

No I can not see me stomping on my airplane over some damage.. not even if it was a total loss. (Then I'd be to busy crying over it)

I just don't have the $$ to replace the thing if I destroy it, so stomp plane=no more RC hobby for me..
Old 10-27-2007, 01:00 PM
smithth

Yeah I definetly regretted it once I got home but I kept ripping the bottom of the plane up along with some other minor damage. Not the most intelligent decision Ive made but hey, it made me feel better at the time.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:00 PM
KI8FR

I do not stomp on my planes. but when mine keep messing up on me I just make thim sit in a coner untill they get it right.lol.. I have some planes that are still in the coner. They just do not want to stop being bad lol
Old 10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
busted blade

ORIGINAL: KI8FR

I do not stomp on my planes. but when mine keep messing up on me I just make thim sit in a coner untill they get it right.lol.. I have some planes that are still in the coner. They just do not want to stop being bad lol
I have a few planes like that too... Especially my Fliton edge 540.[sm=48_48.gif] I dont think it will ever fly.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:25 PM
dvs1

Does kicking one 30 feet count. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Yogy

after trying to get my Seagull PC-9 in the air a few times without something or another happening and it crashes and i fix it. i lost it the last time, and went calmly to the plane got my good parts out the......POORED NITRO OVER IT AND BURNED THE SUCKER TO THE GROUND!! that felt gooooood

Yousef
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
sortie

I have never stomped a plane , but I did have a Liberty Sport maybe I should have stomped...Flew it for years untill I could not stop deterioration of the fuel soaked wood. Decided to burn it in my galavanized trash can only to emit plumes of black smoke and watch the trash can melt before my very eyes.... What a MESS!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 AM
the pope

I have a flying buddy who I dont think has stomped on a a plane yet ( but it woundnt supprise me if he has ) who delights in saying that he has kicked an aeroplane from its crash site all the way back to the pits. I think his crash tally is about 50 .He hasnt crashed any planes for a while because hes taking up hellicopters instead.Dont ask what that tally is up to. Cheers the pope
Old 10-31-2007, 07:23 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: stunt-man

What works for me is removing all of the useful items, then torching the plane in my fireplace. Just watching it go up in flames gives me satisfaction, and eliminates the trash.
we have a cement ring fire pit at the field and occasionally we find some left over metal parts!
Old 11-02-2007, 12:41 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Mine or someone else's??
Had a guy launch one while another flyer was participating in an event that required being on the field, it went right at him but stayed on the ground. he jumped straight up and stomped down right on top of the air plane. looked just like a mexican plane dance. needless to say there was some safety issues but no one got hurt. two planes went pooof though.

its funny right up to when some one gets hurt...... then it is hilarious! not
Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Tailwheel Pilot
My Feedback: (2)

NEVER!!!! Maybe you should go to a anger management class.