Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

ouch

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 02:22 AM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ouch

This is what happens when you try a rolling circle underground!!!!

H9 Ultrastick 60
Magnum 91 rfs four stroke
Futaba radio gear.

Damage broke the muffler/head and will need to be replaced. Not bad considering the engine had to be dug out of the ground. The fuse could be rebuilt but it is 1.5 feet shorter at this time. One servo broke a gear.

Craig
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	66908_5361.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	40716  
Old 03-31-2003, 03:00 AM
ajvpb
My Feedback: (3)

Default ouch

Haha that picture is hilarious ( sorry). It looks like someone took a bat to the front end. My .40 sized one didn't fair so well, the whole thing was gone. But save what you have! I lost my .40 US on the 3rd flight due to a mechanical, so I bought a new one, saved the wreck. Well, a few dead sticks later (about 50 flights on the new one), I hit a soccer goal with the wing about 6 inches off the ground. Crushed an 8 inch area of the wing. I grabbed my hacksaw, and cut the exact same chunk out of my crashed wing. Slapped some epoxy on, you would be hard pressed today to find where the incident went. Sorry about your magnum also, I have the same one in the final phases of bench running now.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Goinstraightup
My Feedback: (26)

Default ouch

I have one of those in the box. Hope I don't turn it into a glider like yours. Heheee. Thanks for sharing with all of us.