Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

one that turned out for the better

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

one that turned out for the better

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 03:01 AM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default one that turned out for the better

i have a spad that i have been trying to get to fly right for quite some time.. well today i get out to the field and there just so happens to be the club safety officer flying his plane at the same time i planned on getting out today. (most fridays i am alone out there) well the safety officer is also a spad fanatic! i never have really cared for them a whole lot but they have pulled me through the hard times (other planes crashed or down for one reason or another) and i could always pull it out and it would get me through the hard times! so i get there today and decide i am just going to have a one on one with this spad freak .. he takes one look at it, re-aligns the ailerons to where they both angled up slightly, so i set it down, fire it up and start to take off when stupid tail wheel breaks off! the plane spins around quickly, bounces hard, then breaks the landing gear off and throws a tire (broken off of the wheel mind you) about 40ft. away from the broken landing gear! so i go over there and decide, well, no chance of landing gear today, as the wheel is completely broken.. so i have the safety officer toss it for me (50" ws with a .46 evo engine) and it darts off nicely and goes on to fly better than i ever could have hoped for!! it now glides like never before (without the landing gear) and flys so straight and smooth!! man i just love it! i had a plane on backorder supposed to come in next weekend that i was going to fly immediately, today i told my wife instead that i would get a new rx so that i could keep my spad up and running all the time and have the 2nd rx for the twist and the twist can be my christmas present! and that i wouldnt fly it until christmas, that made her happy bc she knew that if i got the plane flying next weekend i would want something else for christmas.. and i probably would (and may still! hehehe) but the plane flies beautifully.. i even did 2 touch and goes with no landing gear!! how on earth is that possible?!? i brought it down real low and just before it touched down i went 3/4 throttle and pulled back simultaneously and drug the horizontal stab in the grass!! it was so neat, took me about 10 tries, but i knew it wouldn't hurt the plane if the touch and go turned out to be a touch and no go, so i just kept trying til i did it, and now i can't wait to get back out there tomorrow and try it some more! i will probably do that all day tomorrow, i love this hobby so much! you can figure one new little trick out and it takes you back to day one on the excitement scale. i have loved hunting all of my life, and never has anything interfered with hunting season, not even girlfriends back when i was dating. most seasons, we would just have to break up bc they got none of my time! fortunately i was blessed by being given a wife that loves hunting as much as i do! instead, now all i can think about is flying my plane!! i grew up with a gun in my hands and my son will too! hopefully it will be a gun in one and a radio in the other, just as i am.. i still love to hunt, don't get me wrong, i have hunted about 6 days so far this season, but usually i would have hunted every single one! instead i am flying every single one ( that the weather permits) and hunting a few with flights in between 11am-3pm is my flying time and hunting is all other daylight hours.. anyway, i will end this novel here by reminding you, as well as myself, the reason i started this thread was to show that all crashes or mishaps, one might call this, are bad ones, every once in a while it turns out for the best! happy trails, and blue skies!

edited for punctuation reasons
Old 11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: one that turned out for the better

May I suggest Captitalization, punctuation, and paragraphs? I know they take SOOOOOO long to put in when you're typing, but it makes a good story much easier to read.

Brad
Old 11-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Villa

Good suggestion, bkdavy. I lost interest fast and just skipped the rest.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:09 PM
fozjared

haha, you should have seen it before the edit, i think it was all one sentence! i never capitalize when typing unless it is a college paper.. but i will try to focus on punctuation a little more.. at least i rarely misspell words, that should help (never look at spell check so sometimes i do misspell) but i hope you enjoyed the story as much as i did sharing it, i guess it is my native american blood! i am famous for making a 1 minute story last 5 min and be very vivid!
Old 11-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed the read, and its got passable punctuation.

A paragraph break or two might have helped, and some capitalizations wouldn't hurt, but this isn't English class for criminey sakes!

(Oh sorry, they call it "Language Arts" now)
Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM
The Toolman

I enjoyed the story very much, as I am a part time spader.

I could read it just fine You'd think we was in 5th grade english here.

Next time use morse code if ya really want to see them scream.

Ronnie

Old 11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Live Wire

English Lit . was not my bag eather
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

_. _ _ _ ._ _ _ .... ._ _ ._ _ _ _ _ .._ .._. _ .. _ ... . ._.. .._ _. _ _.. _ _

(Here's hoping the cobwebs in my brain didnt reverse the F and the L LOL)

(Stupid thing wont allow extra spaces so its all run together )