Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Please help me I need help...

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Please help me I need help...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me I need help...

I bought a saito 125 thAT HAS A stripped glow plug hole. Was supposed to be a perfect engine and I find this. Quite mad about it. I just want it fixed very quickly the right way.
I found a place in connecticut that does this and fixes engines. I cannot find it and qqould love it soneone knows what I am talking about.
I can send it to CA but shipping costs and time is just to much and to long. I am NY so Connecticut is perfect. I would really appredciate your help. I have been have some really bad past few days. I finally got to fly today and found this. Kind of depressed me. Something has to go right some time...
Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
D.L.R.

Default RE: Please help me I need help...

Fellers, sorry I can't be of MORE help, but I think a gent by the name of Clarence Lee may be of help. I suspect you can find him VIA Goggle search.
Best of luck, Dan
Old 11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
G17Staggerwing
My Feedback: (159)

Hello, I can empithize with you. I have had my share of BAD LUCK with Radio Systems!! I crashed my last two planes, both on the same day due to radio problems!! Both planes were a TOTAL LOSE, and so was 1 engine. I went out and purchased another transmitter and that didn't work either, I sent it in for repairs but I am not sure of it. I still do not have a reliable system. Well Christmas is on the way, Maybe Santa will bring me one??
Well to answer your need, I did a search on RCU Forums and came up with the following two people that do repairs on stripped heads. One is the one in Cal. the other one I do beleive is the one you are looking for in Connecticut. I have personally dealt with BJ'S and and Bill is GREAT!!! I hope this is helpful! Best of Luck
Happy Holidays
Nevin M. Levy
G17Staggerwing

Send head only

C. F. Lee Mfg. Co
10112 Woodward AVE
Sunland, CA 91040
818 352 3766

For repairs on Model Engines.

BJ's Model Engine Service

Bill Jensen
36 Macintosh Dr.
Oxford, CT 06478
203 888 4819
www.starcomposites.com/BJModelEngines

Old 11-30-2007, 09:02 PM
fellers
My Feedback: (6)

G17 you are the man. Bill Jensen is who I was looking for.

Thank you so much my man !!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
G17Staggerwing

Glad to hear I could help.
Regards
nevin
G17Staggerwing
Old 12-05-2007, 08:09 PM
kid chuckles

Fella's would a heli coil work. I know on stripped bolt holes on cars they work great. You can get them at just about any parts store. You just drill the hole a smidgen bigger screw the heli coil in and wala you got a new bolt hole. I think it might work. The heli coil kits are cheap also. And they tell you what size to drill your hole for each size heli coil. Ask at a parts store they probabaly can tell you. Just a thought. And what i would try first. If it don't work your not out but a few dollars and then you still can have them fixed if it don't work. My bet is that it will work. Just don't know for sure if they go that small but sure would not hurt to ask. Less than 10.00. And you can do it your self with a drill that is all that is needed. NAPA man ask him or any of them. HELI COIL KIT
Old 12-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Flying freak

it would but a glow plug is a stupidly uncommon thread.

Steven
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 PM
G17Staggerwing

\Hello Steve
A helicoil would work, BUT you would have to get one that fit the glow plug thread. Which is as was previously stated on the prior post a very uncommon one. The threat size needed for a glow plug is 1/4-32. If you come up with anyone that has that type of threaded helicoil please post it.
Regards
Nevin
G17Staggerwing
Old 12-29-2007, 12:08 PM
deadstickpilot

I had the same thing with my saito. It had stripped glow plug threads. I sent mine in and they fixed it. It is best to send it in and let them do it because is will cover it under warrenty. Helicoil will void the warrenty, so I wouldn't bother doing that. And it could also cause leaks. My .02
Old 01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
kid chuckles

Well i didn't know if they were logical or not. Good idea though lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my helicoil kit a while back and was able to reclaim the cost by doing repairs for the LHS. The tap and inserts get spendy pretty quick. The average guy with one or two engines would most likely be able to get a new engine for what a kit cost these days.