Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

charge outlet

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

charge outlet

Old 02-05-2008, 06:41 PM
joco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charge outlet

im in the process of building a alpha 60 i decided instead of useing the cutout for the on - off switch i would install a on - off charger switch so i had to make the hole bigger well i made it just a little too big and got a small gap between the switch and the top of the hole everything fits tight but i have a small gap the length of the switch what can i do to fill it in?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
alan0899

Default RE: charge outlet

G'day Mate,
Don't worry about it. As long as it's not on the side of the plane, in line with the exhaust it will be fine.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:17 AM
outdoorhunting

Default RE: charge outlet

Put a piece of masking tape over the hole on the outside. Then go inside the fusalage & use your wood filler & pack the hole full. After the filler dries, pull the tape & take a small piece of covering & a small drop of CA. You should be able to pretty much smooth the covering w/ your damp finger. Immediately take a cloth dampened w/ rubbing alcohol & clean the extra glue up. Unless you tell somebody what you did, I doubt that they will be able to see it.. Good luck!