Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

never forget to check radio

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

never forget to check radio

Old 04-30-2003, 10:29 AM
crow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default never forget to check radio

Hi guys,
wanted to share my accident.
Was nice whether and wanted to test my "new" trainer bought from second hand market.
So i started the engine, set it to smooth run. Next thing was to make sure that the plane is running straight. Went to do some short trip around me. About 20 meters from me the plane suddenly turned hard left and ended up nose in the rocks next to runway. I thought well, there`s probably something i did wrong, changed prop and went to try again. Again after some 20m i felt that i have absolutely no control over the plane and the throttle was wide open, my back was covered with cold swet. Unfortunately the plane went straight on on the runway and after 50 m meters it took off. In this moment i could only whisper please turn left as there were the airfield service buildings in the right. It went up to 30 m and make nice over leftwing turn and went straight into the ground 100 m from me . It was a quite a mess in crash spot. But i collected all small pieces and had week of hard work putting the puzzle back together. Now the plane looks even much more beautiful and i have done around ten flights with it.
Moral is that ALWAYS do make sure your radio is ok. As i bought used one and the previous owner had had crash the RX had some problems.

I got the crash even on tape but it is in AVI format. Maybe if i ZIP it i can put it up here.

Couldn`t pu up video, too big. But got a pic of this