Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 spitfire crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Hangar 9 spitfire crash

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 AM
wingco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 spitfire crash

Ouch! Heart breaking, especially the bizarre moment when that idiotic glimmer of hope floats through your mind that 'it might be ok' as you head towards the crash site. Beautiful repair job. Know what you mean about the spit shape, I never get tired of just looking at it.
Wingco
Old 03-15-2011, 11:09 AM
richardgerardi

Lascato don't beat yourself. Two weeks ago I brought my brand new Topflite P51 to maiden. I had a very good pilot bring it up to trimm as I am still learning and this is my 1st warbird. It took me a year to finish and lots of cash. While in flight something black fell, a damm wheel came down. So he lifted the retracts and belly landed it on the grass. There was some damage to the cowl and make believe air cooler. I found the whell in the woods discovered that I forgot to put one wheel collar screw so it came loose. I put it back on used some thin ca so they won't come off and I took her up flew for a while and landed it. Pretty neat.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
bpenner697
My Feedback: (5)

Well, guess what I did this weekend? The same darn thing to my P51 on Saturday. Had been dying to fly it and absolutely got in a hurry and crashed the thing. I was able to make a couple of trips around the field and was bringing it in on final and the wing was tipping right, instincts took over and I went left with the stick. In she went.

I am usually very cautious but was too excited to maiden the thing didn’t check all the surfices. I had been having problems with the flaps and the spinner coming lose so I finally had it running with the flaps working fine and thought, it’s time. Well, 5 minutes later I was thinking “I am the BIGGEST idiot to ever fly an R/C airplane!” [>:]

At least the radio, servos and OS120 are all good. Anyway…it’s over I have stripped all the parts and it’s in the trash…time to move one.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:09 AM
drunkenbushman

Great to see you got her back up in the air again!

I dont think ill complain about flying on cold mornings again...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:17 AM
cl0ckwork

Almost did that mistake today...

I was checking my control surfaces and was second guessing myself on the ailerons... I even downloaded the PDF manual on my phone at the field to just make sure I had them right. I had them right! Derr anyways got ready to take off... WAIT.... The elevator is reversed. Don't know how it happened but I switched it did a 5th check of everything and off I was!