Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Diablo 2000 -no more

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Diablo 2000 -no more

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 12:04 AM
flyjohn
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo 2000 -no more

I was flying my Diablo 2000 on Sunday, when right wing panel blew off during a snaproll. I was in a 45 degree climb and inputted for a positive right snaproll when all of a sudden the right wing was gone. When I found fuselage the left wing was still attached along with the right wing root rib, attachment point j hooks still held together with rubberbands, so it appears that wing just let go from root rib.
Just wondering if anyone else had heard of this sort of problem. I had approximately 40 flights on it and since it is supposed to be a 3D plane figure it should withstand a snaproll or two. I'm just hoping engine survived, it hit in sand and I still have to clean it up.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:43 AM
flyjohn

I've got a hold of distributor of Diablo 2000, Espritmodels. He wanted pics of plane's damage which I sent along with the explaination of what happened. He said he couldn't determine what went wrong from pics but since there wasn't much left I tried to show in pics what was left, basically the root rib on side of plane where wing separated, the wing tube with the fiberglass tube holder still there but there were no other remnants of any other ribs and only some glue on tube. Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas of how I should pursue this or what is fair in this situation. I was just flying the plane and it had structural failure. This was the ARF version and was well built as far as I could see and was flying good while I had it. Engine survived but header was bent and pipe was a loss.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:17 AM
flyjohn

I've been in contact with ZB of Espritmodels since my plane came apart in the air. I sent him pictures of my wreckage trying to show where wing separated from plane and what was left. He said he has sent the pictures and my explanation of what happened to the plane directly to manufacturer of plane, JR models in Czech Republic. He said he had only heard of one other of the Diablos having a problem and he said that one crashed due to control surface flutter. I hope to hear from him soon if something can be done to get me back in pattern competition for this year.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:26 PM
stuffer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, I have heard of companys giving new planes out. No skin off their nose.