Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Meet Jack

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 03:12 AM
FlyinRazorback
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet Jack

Jack is a good friend of mine that absolutely loves to fly. I know we all say that be he truly loves flying. However, he has landed some rather hard if you know what I mean. This post is dedicated to Jack, the RC aviator.

Always remember to bring your glasses to the field, no not sunglasses. If you don't you may end up like my good buddy and loose sight of your plane. After walking approx 600 to 700 yards we found this: (Notice the engine buried in the Mississippi mud)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5736_542.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	4223  
Old 03-14-2002, 03:19 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Here's Jack again carrying his H9 Piper Cherokee. Aperfect example of how not to.....well, I don't even think he knows what happened.

Name:	5737_542.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4224  
Old 03-14-2002, 01:26 PM
stevezero
My Feedback: (11)

Default Meet Jack

Razor, you are just cruel, mean, wicked, and cruel . Does "Jack" know you are doing this to him, or could "Jack" be a false name to protect the guilty? LOL
Old 03-15-2002, 02:41 AM
irad8u

Default Meet Jack

I fly with flyinrazorback and Jack. He's correct. Jack does like to crash...I mean, fly. He's a good sport and he loves getting out there. We do all his "patchwork" for him just so he can go out there with us. We will post more pics soon...trust me, there are plenty. As for now, this is a pick of flyinrazorback's once beautiful Spitfire. First flight. Don't worry, I've got one of mine next.
Mike
Old 03-15-2002, 02:52 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Originally posted by stevezero
Razor, you are just cruel, mean, wicked, and cruel . Does "Jack" know you are doing this to him, or could "Jack" be a false name to protect the guilty? LOL
He may or may not find this place, but I will tell him where to look. Just poking a little fun at him, all in good spirits. Don't worry, I will post a couple of mine too (Somehow I think irad8u will beat me to it though )

BTW, I am cruel, mean, wicked and cruel :angry: :boxing:
Old 03-15-2002, 02:56 AM
irad8u

Default Meet Jack

mike's spitfire
Old 03-15-2002, 03:01 AM
irad8u

Default Meet Jack

this is mike's spitfire

Name:	5840_1118.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	4225  
Old 03-15-2002, 03:07 AM
irad8u

Default my turn

Damn trees. they don't work so well when trying to pylon race.
This one I dedicate to Jack too. For the inspiration you have given me in learning how to "fly."

Name:	5842_1118.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	4226  
Old 03-15-2002, 05:24 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

Default Meet Jack

There's a couple of guys like this at my field.... One guy is a little up in years.... I didn't quite have the story on him... One day, he comes out to the field and is having trouble starting his trainer... All the other guys are walking the other way... I figure... what the heck... So I walk over and take a look at his plane... The fuel line was disconnected.... So I hook it up for him and fire it up.... He taxies out and sends her up... I do the same... Then I notice everyone else is landing... hmmmm.... I should have got the hint...

Well just about then his plane is looking pretty outta control... He's flying over the pits... and getting hair ball on the turns... Then, when my plane is down field... His plane is heading right for my head.... I steped back from the flight line about 20 feet... and this thing flys right through where I was standing!!! I land pronto... and promptly change my underwear!!! This guy finally landed, but I was too shook to even care... Man... That was one lesson I won't have to learn again... I hope
Old 03-15-2002, 08:52 AM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet Jack

I had something like that happen to me too. I got invited to go fly at a neighbouring club's field, so I took my heli down there. When I got there, there was an older guy with a trainer who was just getting organised to go out. He went out to the flight line and took off, having left his TX aerial down. The plane went in and out of control until someone raced out, yanked the aerial up, took the tx off him and landed the plane. When he went out again later, he did *exactly* the same thing....left the aerial down again. This time, the plane was making a nice steep dive towards the pits, right where all my stuff was (including ME). I nearly had heart failure when I turned around and looked up to see this thing heading straight for me in a 70 degree dive!! It came back on the air when it got close enough to him, but he was holding full back stick at that point, so it rocketed back up over the pits and crashed in an adjacent field after it went off the air again. No major damage (managed to pull the power off before it went off the air again), but he gave up for the day then.

After that, another member crashed his own-designed scratch-built delta into a huge fence post at one end of the field. This despite the fact that it had streamers all over it and was painted bright orange on top. He crashed into it at almost ground level, totally destroying the model.

I've never been back there since....far too scary for me
Old 03-16-2002, 01:16 AM
Dream_Flyer
My Feedback: (7)

Default Bad Flying Dream lol :)

Well I do not think that you have lived untel you have had to catch a .60 size plane out of the air as it is coming into the pits. If it wasnt for other people in the way I would never have done such a dumb thing lol. Or I atleast thought that afterwards lol.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:18 AM
mrbonk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Meet Jack

Actually, a guy at our field has had to do that too! One of the guys who flies pattern was taxiing back to the pits and turned off his tx before shutting the engine down. The resulting 'jerk' from the servos sent the plane sailing towards the pits with a modest amount of throttle applied. The guy who caught it actually grabbed it by the wing as it came into the pits. It swung around and slammed into the pilot's pitbox and fuel can, smashing the Dave Brown 6-shooter pump to bits and breaking the spinner on the plane. The pilot actually had the audacity to complain that his pump and spinner were damaged!! Unreal.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:44 AM
Jazzy

Default Meet Jack

At least Jack's engine was still visible! I had to dig around with a BIG screwdriver till I found mine!
Those APCs sure can auger in!

I particularly like it when you finally get the guy with bad eyesight up in the air and trimmed out. Turn around and monkey with your own stuff only to see him, moments later, turn his whole body around to get his soda. The ensuing whine of an engine completely unloading reminded me of the sound of a dive bomber trying to kamakazi birds sitting in the trees. Guess who climbed the trees to find it not knowing where it was and found it?
Old 03-25-2002, 03:40 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jazzy
[B]At least Jack's engine was still visible! I had to dig around with a BIG screwdriver till I found mine!
Those APCs sure can auger in!

Around New Year's we went out and Jack took his son Jeff with us. Jeff has, or should I say had, one of Jack's older trainers (approx 7-8 yrs old) and it was his second time out to the field. Anyways, everything checked out and he was ready to fly. Plane was flying great and the engine was screaming. Jack was flying the plane and had it in a dive. Then we heard BOOM! It sounded like a shotgun had gone off. The wings folded and fluttered away as they tore away from the fuse. The fuse missiled to the ground and landed in a muddy slop. Here's some pics of what we found. By the way, this is the engine.

Name:	6700_542.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	4227  
Old 03-25-2002, 03:46 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Here's another shot. Maybe that shotgun sound was someone shooting the front end of the fuse off.

Name:	6701_542.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	4228  
Old 03-25-2002, 03:52 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Another shot from a different angle. Oh, by the way, the two wing halves were about 100 yards away and seperated by about 50 yards. The worst part was trudging through all the mud and water to get to the plane. The pictures are worth it though!

Name:	6702_542.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	4229  
Old 03-25-2002, 04:01 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Originally posted by irad8u
IAs for now, this is a pick of flyinrazorback's once beautiful Spitfire. First flight. Don't worry, I've got one of mine next.
Mike
Now Mike, you show one of my more prized planes laying there in ruin and you follow it up by posting your measely Ultra Sport? Seems a little unfair but don't you worry. I managed to find a couple of pics of your P51 that tasted the dirt as well. Remember these?

Name:	6703_542.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	4230  
Old 03-25-2002, 04:04 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

One more then I'll stop. I promise. :boxing:

Name:	6704_542.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	4231  
Old 03-25-2002, 04:40 AM
Jazzy

Default Meet Jack

Is that a .40 size 'tang?

I bet that mud took weeks to get off of everything! LOL
Now that was CARNAGE! Did he ever tell you about the M100 he had hooked up to a batt and gravity switch?

Imagine an engine burried in a packed sod full-scale runway.
The tip of the silicone exhaust deflector was all that was visible.

Dumb thumbs + Brain fart = funeral pyre service at field
(Why take it home to burn it when you can hold an immediate service with those that seem to care?)
Old 03-25-2002, 07:33 PM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Yes it is. EZ's P51 to be exact. Here's a pic with Mike holding the plane prior to his mishap.

Name:	6754_542.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	4232  
Old 03-26-2002, 02:22 AM
irad8u

Default pic war

I didn't realize this was going to become a picture war. I was there when the above mentioned trainer plane went buried into the mud. Jeff literally had to dig the engine out of the mississippi gumbo.

As for you mike, This will come back to haunt you...someday.

Everyone must realize we fly together down in mississippi. We started together, soloed together and compete build together. Now I guess we compete crashing together. anyways, There will be some more pics of our mishaps to come.

mike
Old 03-30-2002, 05:17 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Ha Ha

Originally posted by irad8u
As for you mike, This will come back to haunt you...someday.
Now I guess we compete crashing together. anyways, There will be some more pics of our mishaps to come.

mike
BTW, where does that stand right now Mike According to my calculations, you're up on me by one right? I'll see you at the field buddy! Maybe we can coordinate a midair....now that would be cool!
Old 03-30-2002, 06:33 AM
Jazzy

Default Meet Jack

Just make sure you get the mid-air on film!!!!

Mid-airs are jawdroppers! The sound... The debris falling... The utter helplessness... Woohoo!
Old 03-30-2002, 06:33 PM
irad8u

Default Meet Jack

I think I am one up on you. or two. maybe even three. I just don't care anymore. I like trying too many new stunts and daredevil events. When I get tired of the planes, I fly the **** out of them. I hate to lose them, but at least it's an excuse to buy another new plane. I hope we don't have a mid air collision...at least with one of my good planes.
mike
Old 03-31-2002, 02:56 AM
FlyinRazorback

Default Meet Jack

Put your profile back together and I'll drop an engine in my Slowpoke. We can wind up, put 'em in a dive, pull up and then WHAM! about 50' off of the runway. Should make for great entertainment.

In all honesty, we probably won't have to coordinate a mid-air. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet with the way we dog each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.