Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Last flights of my rc plane

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Last flights of my rc plane

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 PM
rcsean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last flights of my rc plane

here is the last flight of my rc red one the video of it is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65i9nGEeWb8

to support me on my next build please goto www.rcsean.tk im only 14 so im not the money making type so when you goto my site and sign up for one you can make me money. and i can even tell you how to make some too just ask.

these pictures are my next build in process i need about 100$ to get it in the air
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41274.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1120643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64184.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1120644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56142.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1120645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99830.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1120646  
Old 01-27-2009, 06:31 AM
ggraham500
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Last flights of my rc plane

I would suggest you join a AMA chartered RC club in your area so that you may learn safe engine starting technique and a safe area to fly.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:00 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean;

For a young pilot of 14, you really impressed me with your skills! I saw you make 3 deadstick landings....on a country road with wire fences on one side....a truck and a ditch on the other....FANTASTIC JOB!!!

I was most impressed with your throttle management during all the flights. You have no idea how very important this is, and how difficult it is for some seasoned pilots to manage this.

I will make 2 suggestions at this point...

#1 You need to be more careful when you start that engine. Don't sit directly in front of that thing when starting!!! It almost got you on the first fire up. Stand over, and to the side of the engine. That way, when it jumps forward on you....it won't cut off your jewels!@!!

#2. Don't waste your time and money getting that second grey looking trainer ready to fly. You've already outgrown it ....you need a Profile!!

Good luck....keep flying....stay safe!!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
rcsean

Thank you for the advise it scared me when that plane came foward at me.my dad wasnt holding it. any way i am a part of a AMA club but its 20 miles away and that plane is basicly in my back yard. i do have 2 othe planes but those are acting wired in the air so im scared to mess with it.

to see my clubs website is is

http://www.cvma-online.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43540.gif
Views:	18
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	1120843  
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM
basman

dude nice looking feild I bet you get down there when ever you can. Like maniac siad safe starting practice in manatory, get behind the plane once you started it. Good skills tough keep on flying, does your dad fly ?
Old 01-27-2009, 04:17 PM
rcsean

no he doesnt he wants to and he can fly but he gets mixd up when the plane is coming toward him. so he basicly flys through me.
and i do start now from the side and it took some getting use to but i got it down. ya and if i do start on a better plane i need to start saving money and its hard at the age of 14. all i have is a page with links on it and i get paid when some one clicks or signs up for something.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: rcsean

i need to start saving money and its hard at the age of 14. all i have is a page with links on it and i get paid when some one clicks or signs up for something.
Might I suggest manual labor ( i.e. cutting grass, raking, etc. )? I pretty much made all the money I wanted doing those things when I was your age. Oh, God, did I just type "when I was your age"? Arrggg! [:@]
Old 01-27-2009, 07:23 PM
rcsean

ya but it could take me forever and with what im doing in my site if someone signs up for a site i get 5 bucks per sign up.

and when i did do that i would work for 5 hours and only get 3 - 6 dollers lol.

but thx for the suggestion. what i might be able to do is work at safeway during the summer and get 8 - 10$ an hour and work 3 hours a day till i turn 16.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

I saved up my money from a paper route when I was your age and purchased my rc equipment and plane from that. $6.00/hr does not sound too bad for 5 hours worth of work. I made 30-40 dollars for two weeks of delivering newspapers (1-2 hours to deliver daily .. rain, shine, SNOW, +85 degrees, -40 degrees), 6+hours every second week trying to collect the money from the subscribers. You got what was left over after paying the paper for the number of papers you delivered. You didn't want to be billed for any extra.

Heck even the kids have an electric trolley to help push grocery carts into the stores now a days.[:@]

Jim

PS: Liked your video with the Stick Airplane at least you flew yours a few times before a crash. My first plane was similar, a Midwest Sweetstick, Enya 35, World Engines Expert Radio. Needn't realise I built a slight warp in the wing. It looped on take off on the first flight. [] Repaired it and flew it a few times before getting a Falcon 56 MarkII.

ya but it could take me forever and with what im doing in my site if someone signs up for a site i get 5 bucks per sign up.

and when i did do that i would work for 5 hours and only get 3 - 6 dollers lol.

but thx for the suggestion. what i might be able to do is work at safeway during the summer and get 8 - 10$ an hour and work 3 hours a day till i turn 16.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
TedMo

One more time. Do not start plane sitting on ground be sure it is held in some way. Easy means is to take 2 pcs. of steel ron and bang into ground with elevator captured buy them. Keep them short enough so plane can be lifted over them when ready to go. You are living a bit dangerously with your landing coming right at you. Think a bit more about safety.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
rcsean

thank you for the advice ill do that
Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 PM
rcsean

My dad did the same thing when he was young( the paper route ). that is unavalible here cause we have a person doing that in a car.

ive made a couple hundred bucks in the last year from my website but for what i do and want to do for my planes i need alteast
400$ - 500$ LOL

http://www.rcsean.tk

Old 01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
sir crashallot

a quick tip which is a must at the begining of every day when at the field. as soon as you take off get plenty of height to make sure its trimmed out ok. you remind me of me when i was 14 and you aint bad at all at flying just remember height and keep your airspeed because at one point in the video you was flying fairly low and you had a nose high attitude and was slowing down alittle quick which could have cause it to stall and drop out of the sky. best of luck mate and keep up the flying
Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 PM
rcsean

thx
Old 01-28-2009, 01:40 AM
basman

rcsean get your dad to try this : when plane is flying towards you the low wing gets the stick, doesn't matter if inverted or not. That will raise the dropped wing...........it works no thinking about it just push the stick. I like your endevors keep going.You can advance to other planes and will enjoy, but I always love pulling out the trainer for a throw round. Keep flying
Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 AM
rcsean

thx ill try that.

i have him on a simulator right now.

and he is slightly getting used to it LOL

i do have other planes ill post them laer taday around 5:00 pm MST because i gtg somewhere

Old 01-28-2009, 11:43 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Maybe I saw it wrong in the video, but was there only 4 rubberbands holding the wing on? If so please use 8-12 from now on. When you start to do some fast loops the wing will pull up and back.

David
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
rcsean

well my plane crashed cause of a engine fail the carb came out of its slot.

and i was using 6 ruberbands but i will use 8 now if i get another plane that uses it.

oh and i will show all my planes live tonight at 6:00 pm MST so if you want to see the remained of the old plane or my other planes come take a look.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
rcsean

hey do you guys (after seeing the video) think i should stick with a trainer or go on to a better plane?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Get a Hobbico Avistar, they're a blast. You can learn on them and fly them like a sport plane. I do suggest that you go out to a club and learn some safety procedures. Just watching your vid I had to wince at some of the close calls. Be very open to constructive criticism, I've learned a lot by keeping my mouth closed and listening to experienced RCers. It looks like you're having fun, and that's great, that's what it's all about. So good for you. Keep your hands out of that spinning prop. I saw a guy loose a finger, and I was the one that had to find it. It's not pretty. He never did get it reattached. Have fun and better landings to you.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Get Your Kicks On Route 66! I wish I had a stretch of desert highway to fly on....I'm jealous. Young man, you are good enough to progress to something like a Great Planes P-51 or F4U Corsair. They are easy to fly and take off and land. Best of luck to you. I have an idea you will be popping up at major events in the next few years.

I also like the way your Dad supports you in your hobby and interest. My son started flying model airplanes at about your age. He flies F-16's in the USAF today. I love this hobby!

Best Regards,
Flak
Old 01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
playntraffic

I clicked. Hope it works out for you.
You really should get a job. Wash a car or cut some grass. Asking people to click a link to get you paid is too much like a handout.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:55 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I taught to fly on a SIG LT-40 and it is very forgiving trainer. If you balance it correctly you should be able to release the sticks and she'll right herself. It also uses rubber bands for the wings. Here is a trick to preserve the rubberbands so you can get a full season out of a set. When you store them after flying, don't leave them on the plane, put them in a ziplock bag with some baby or talcum powder. The cheap stuff is find. The baby powder will absorb and fuel, etc on the bands that would cause them to rot. Don't use them for more than one season and when it doubt throw them away. Bands are cheaper than airplanes! The LT-40 comes as a kit or an ARF, the kit is very easy and will teach the skills to do your own repairs. The ARF uses wingbolt instead of rubberbands. I believe the kit to be more heavy duty in a hard landing but it will cost more to build than the ARF. I used a Super Tigre .40 in mine and it flew great.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

hey do you guys (after seeing the video) think i should stick with a trainer or go on to a better plane?
Sean...you've displayed in video, more skills than most of the guys commenting in this thread. You are definitely ready for a something more advanced than a trainer!

I know cash is your big problem right now...........so shovel snow, rake leaves, wash cars........do whatever you need to make this dream of RC a reality!!!

GOOD LUCK PILOT!!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Nathan King

I don't know. Why am I the only one that feels a more advanced aircraft may not be such a good idea?[sm=confused.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.