Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

you crash all your airplanes, it still gets worse!!

Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

you crash all your airplanes, it still gets worse!!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
snomobila
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you crash all your airplanes, it still gets worse!!

It was a nice sunny day last year, I leave the field and get a call about 10 minutes later. My buddy calls says he is still at the airfield, tells me he ran over his flight box with his car, ruined half is tools, the starter surived, now a mangled mess. You crash and wonder if it can get any worse, it can!! By the way he got a dumb a%% trophy for it. ha!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:21 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 267 Likes on 234 Posts
Default RE: you crash all your airplanes, it still gets worse!!

Sucks to be him!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
vmsguy

I don't know whether to express sympathies... Or say "Maybe this is fate's way of telling you to switch hobbies."
Old 04-08-2009, 04:41 PM
sir crashallot

geeze he ran over his flight box. i keep the transmitter in mine[X(][X(] or should i say used to do.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
AA5BY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The geezers at our field make up an unofficial organization called the Fossil Flyers. The honorary president who has no actual duties gets his job by having suffered the greatest RC mishap. The current president has held the title now for several years having backed over his flight box including transmitter.... completely destroying said device. No one is eager to take the office away from him.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:20 AM
smithcreek
My Feedback: (25)

I went out a month or two ago to watch a friend do some slope soaring on a really windy/gusty day. I was standing next to him when he got disoriented, thought he was normal when he was inverted. The plane started to dive, he pulled up hard which sent the plane right over our heads straight into the ground. It just happened to hit exactly where he had 3 of his planes sitting on the ground behind us. Four planes mangled in an instant. He took it well and we all laughed, but only after a few minutes had passed.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:44 AM
acemcduck
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

smithcreek,

I absolutely love your signature line. How true it is!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:20 PM
snomobila

Saturday or offocialy opens and it is our work detail. Almost all the club members should be there so it should be interesting to see what happens. Oh and by the way, the member who ran over his flight box from my field, he's 18 years old!! so no old age to blame. You want to see a funny video about someone hitting their own planes, click on the link. It's hilarious. I laugh still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmm-f...e=channel_page
Old 04-09-2009, 02:13 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That video shows just how accidents happen. I still find it interesting that the 2 fellows were more interested in the plane than the guy that hit the dirt. I am thinking that I would have made sure he was okay and at least helped him to get off the ground. Just me I suppose, Dave
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

this reminds me of a close call I had one time. We had three 1/4 scale WW1 planes up, I landed my plane and taxi'd it off the runway at the other end of the flight line as one other pilot was nervous about his fuel. Well looking down the flightline fence I knew I was nearly 50 feet past it so I idled into the grass. But what I didn't see was my friends NICE built up flight box with the collapseable legs. I nearly drove my 46cc gas engine and prop into it. It was just hidden behind the other pilots between me and it. man I was glad I didn't mess up anything.

Its funny how doing something that seemed safe and considerate to another pilot almost bit me in the rearend.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:29 PM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't say I never do anything dumb, it's human nature to screw up, but,.....with that said, junior that ran over his flightbox is going to now look twice before deciding to rip out of the parking area without looking to make sure everything is in the car/truck and not being used as a wheel chock. There's a idea, show up and hand him one of those bright yellow wheel chocks and tell him to try using that to stop the car from going instead of his flight box. Attack a pole to it just like the post office workers use everytime they get out of the mail truck.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:55 PM
snomobila

ORIGINAL: DavidAgar

That video shows just how accidents happen. I still find it interesting that the 2 fellows were more interested in the plane than the guy that hit the dirt. I am thinking that I would have made sure he was okay and at least helped him to get off the ground. Just me I suppose, Dave
how do you know that, they were speaking another language. speaking of it, the dam kid who ran over his field box almost hit me the same exact way only one of our members hand launched his plane, straight up and straight back down right over my solders, he got another trophy for that.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
snomobila