Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Full power nose dive....

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Full power nose dive....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
mxaexm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full power nose dive....

Over the weekend Iwas trying to introduce my friend to this awesome hobby....at some point my Hangar 9 Easy Fly 40 entered a nose down spin...for unknown reason I was unable to recover...oh well....crashing is just another part of this hobby. Ilost my airplane but after all...Ihad a great time and have no regrets of taking the risk of buddy boxing with my friend.....Inever fly close to the pit area so the airplane crashed away from everybody. The force of the impact was so great that the servo which was attached to the wing and the battery which was in the servo compartment...ended up under the fuel tank...

Be safe and have fun!!!!
Attached Images    
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Skratchbilt
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Full power nose dive....

Did this deter your friend?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:48 AM
mxaexm

the airplane flew into a tree and made really loud noise...he was shocked but surely he will get into this hobby!.....it's never too early to learn that crashing is just another part of this hobby...
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 AM
chevypower1930

OUCH you've got a better reaction then I would! haha I'd probably laugh at the field and get home and go into depression as I do everytime I trash a plane. thankfully only once I've COMPLETELY trashed a plane in 3 years! had plenty of crashes though and repairing is deffianatly a fun thing to do and helps you learn the hobby even more
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm glad to here you alsoperfer to stay away from the pits when flying. I have seen a model go wild and head for the pits, it's not fun! I like my airplanes close enough to see but with a healthy safety margine. I have seen a couple of pilots taken to task by the club safety officer for going too close to pits or the stands. What will probably really impress your prospective new flier is rebuilding the crash airplane and taking him flying with it again. It makes the crashes a lot less scary. I have raised a few eyebrows myselfthis way. You get the "You mean you actually rebuilt that plane?!" reaction, its a great moral booster.