Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Mini showtime wing rebuild

Old 06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
wings 540

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mini showtime wing rebuild

Hi all,
Due to a recent encounter with a tree the leading edge of the right wing on my mini showtime is pretty much totaled. Im going to rebuild it but i need to make new balsa wood parts.

Could anyone lead me to an accurate wing-rib diagram for this plane? ive googled it and found nothing.

Thankyou for your help!

wings
Old 06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
FallDownGoBoom

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Mini showtime wing rebuild

I doubt that you'll find any sort of a formal wing rib diagram for the MiniShowtime anywhere on the internet. When I've talked to Horizon Hobby about plans for any of their ARF's, they generally don't have them. I have a MST, so if there are measurements you need I'll be happy to get you anything you need.

For repair purposes, if the damage is to a couple of ribs, I'd almost try to "eyeball" the proper dimensions and then sand everything to shape. If the damage is more extensive, you could trace an outline of both the tip and root ribs, then count the number of ribs in each wing half. Since the wing is symetrical, create a plywood tip and root rib blank, put the necessary number of balsa rib blanks in-between them, line everything up and pin it in place, then sand an entire set of ribs. Then you can replace the ribs that have been damaged.

There's also a place called Hobb-e-Mart on Ebay that sometimes has damaged ShowTimes for sale. You might find one with a good set of wings for cheap.

Let me know if I can help.

Fred

Search this Thread