Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Park Zone Corsair crash

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Park Zone Corsair crash

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:08 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Park Zone Corsair crash

Here is my Park Zone Corsair that met with the ground hard on a launch. My brother had just flown it and it was my turn. I fly with the elevator reversed (always have) and we forgot to change it. I knew the instant it was launched but didn't react quick enough.

Flight picture is prior to bad launch. Static pictures are all after the repairs. It flys no different now. I did have to make a completely new motor mount. Everything else went back together well. It has an Axi motor, not the stock one, and was haulin when she hit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76833.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1234169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47384.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1234170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80334.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1234171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11523.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1234172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf50140.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1234173  
Old 07-11-2009, 11:17 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Park Zone Corsair crash

When you say you fly with the elevator reversed, do you mean that up is down and down is up? If so, that's pretty unusual. Why do you do that?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: lejongleur

When you say you fly with the elevator reversed, do you mean that up is down and down is up? If so, that's pretty unusual. Why do you do that?
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. I didn't learn through a club or with someone already in the hobby.

Back in the winter 1968, I built an Aeronca Champ, installed an OSMAX 30, built a Heathkit 6 ch radio, and in the spring of 69, went to an open field and learned how to fly. I held the radio and thought, well, up is up and down is down.

Mind you, I had had a father that flew full scale and owned part of an airport (he was killed in 66 in his plane), and two Uncles that flew full scale. Don't know why I didn't make a full scale connection, but it worked for me.

Over the years, I have killed two airplanes trying to switch so I just fly this way. I can fly trainers and even high performance planes if I just fly them without aerobatics. I even can fly low performance helicopters normally without confusion.

The mind is a complex and wonderful thing isn't it.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Korps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice fix.