Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

datum line recovery

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
skyjockey

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default datum line recovery

I have come into possesion of a H9 Corsair (60 size). Nothing exists from the wing saddle foward. I only have remnents of the firewall and first bulkhead. The leading edge of the wing where the locator dowel pins are is smashed. There is one stringer that connects to the firewall that gives me the location of the firewall but that's it. I can reproduce the parts but I have no idea what the angles should be or what to use as a datum line from which to measure those angles. Anybody have any ideas where to start?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Sessholvlaru

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: datum line recovery

Unless you are dead set on rebuilding, I would just spend the money and buy a new fuse/cowl/whatever. You can get all the parts you need on eBay or similar or from Horizon. I see the fuse sells for about 100 bucks, but that would sure be the fastest and easiest route. Otherwise I would find plans for a 60 sized Corsair on eBay or similar (maybe the Royal or Top Flite Corsair?) and use them as a reference. I guess it all comes down to what you want to spend and what your skill set is. If you need to buy all of the balsa sheeting, square stock, ply, etc I would consider just buying new parts. You may be surprised how expensive just buying wood gets. Then there is all that swearing and head scratching...

Search this Thread