Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

Help wing fix on escapade.

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

Help wing fix on escapade.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 AM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help wing fix on escapade.

Hello all,

Last season we had a small mishap with what turned out to be a not so balanced escapade. End result was busted firewall and some damage to the wing. I have one main question. It pertains to the center of the two wing halves. They both have a "nub" that sticks out and it goes into the fuselage to hold the wing halves to the plane. One of thos "nubs broke....wondered what you all would do to fix this issue.... I thought about making the two wing halves permanantly one and glueing a piece in there but wasnt sure. Here are some pics.

Also, this is my first repair job. I glued the pieces I found in the other part of the wing...should I strip that and fix it better?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22426.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1389058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19447.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1389059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76092.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1389060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc85732.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1389061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr91367.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1389062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fv25675.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1389063  
Old 03-04-2010, 06:59 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help wing fix on escapade.

i have an escapade.....if you dont ever need to take the wing halves apart.....i would glue them together.....and rebuild the wing tab. i trashed mine on the second flight.....due to me flying it too slow......i made mine electric powered.....anyway.....it cartwheeled and ripped out the firewall......didnt hurt the wing. but.....when i put mine together....i epoxied the halves together.....i always do.......unless its a large plane with a large wing you cant transport. this is just my opinion on your fix. i was never a big fan of plug in wing halves.......i like mine epoxied together. good luck on your fix........and post back your fix when its finished.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 PM
justin_92_92

well mine might be in for the same doom as yours LOL. I may not be ready for the plane just yet. I think I will epoxy the wing halves like you said. But I also might wait a while before I fly it. I have a couple trainers to keep me busy at the start of my season. thanks for the advise.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:01 PM
edmoor
My Feedback: (1)

ps......they have to be landed fast......i can tell you that much......they arent as gentle as the advertisement claims they are....they are very agile.....and fast.....i put mine away as well......after i fixed it and rebalanced it......for another day.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:06 AM
jimmyjames213

ORIGINAL: edmoor

ps......they have to be landed fast......i can tell you that much......they arent as gentle as the advertisement claims they are....they are very agile.....and fast.....i put mine away as well......after i fixed it and rebalanced it......for another day.
i dont have one but i have flown a friends/seen him fly it. they will fly very slow, the key it to have a low pitched peop like a 11x5, that will slow you down on landings while lowering your stall speed.
to glue the tab back on i would just expoy it back to the wing/other tab, and glue the wings together
Old 03-10-2010, 02:58 PM
BamaFlyBoy

I have an Escapade and glued the wing halves together from the get go (after reading completely through the Escapade thread in the ARF section). I would suggest gluing on a replacement tab, and when joining the wing halves together, use vice grips on the two tabs to hold them together.

For what it is worth, I have experienced no bad tendencies with slow flight. Last weekend (while at three mistake height), I chopped the throttle to an idle, and tried to get it to stall. It stalled on the left wing once, then on the right wing next, and the third time in went nose over. I really like my Escapade, and find it to be a very good flying plane. It will turn into a rocket ship when taken to full throttle (OS 46-AX).
Old 03-10-2010, 11:41 PM
justin_92_92

Im excited now! I cant wait to get this in the air, But im gonna take my sweet time making sure EVERYTHING is good to go!.

Thanks for the advise from everyone. I will glue the halves together.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:17 AM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Old thread, but here's my thought. Don't lose orientation, it's how I stuffed mine.