Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Crash & Rebuild
Reload this Page >

1st flight on Aerobird--success!!

Community
Search
Notices
Crash & Rebuild Post your crash stories, pictures and if you want to document your rebuild you can do that here too!

1st flight on Aerobird--success!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Airborne 2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st flight on Aerobird--success!!

Hi. Yesterday I bought an Aerobird and tonight it was finally "calm" enough to fly it. It was probably 6-7mph and this would be my first flight in RC. (Of couse when I was done the wind dropped to about 1-3 mph.) On the first launch the wind caught the side and took it down. Since we were flying on mainly tall hay there was no damage at all! Second launch, as soon as it was up 10 feet there was no stopping it. It flew terrific!! Great response even at the 3rd hole out on the control horns. With the wind i did a few accidental flips but it came out fine. Then after about 5min. the wind picked up to about 9-10 maybe more. Now that I look back on it i should have killed the throttle and push forward and let the wind take it to land. But i kept trying to pull it back toward me. Tip #1-fly with a farm about 1/2-2/3 miles downwind in this kind of wind. Which is exectly where it landed. They had evergreens on the upwind side of their house, and it went on the other side of course. one of them was out doing chores and i landed it between a silo and the barn which i found out later. So while i stood there staring my dad left toward there place and as he drove by he saw him carrying it. (he went back, got me) When i saw there was NO damage on it at all!! no dents in the wing or any thing. This thing can take a beating way worse than what i put it through. I reccomend this to any 1 who wants a cheap electric that will fly great if you dont want to move radio gear. I did put velcro under the wing and on the fuse and I bet that helped. Thanks to who reccomended that idea!!

Great plane!!